The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Communism still there?

Is Communism still there?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I was watching on old ABC film clip the other day about Pro Hart the artist and Pro was saying that though the Berlin Wall had fallen Communism hadnt gone away.
Has Communism gone away? Or is it still alive in dim back rooms where some still worship the old Red flame?
I wonder?
After over 70 years it must be hard to repent of an ethic as strong as Communism has been to some.
Is there any threat from what has been Communism still afloat in Australian politics? I have no knowledge on the subject.
Posted by Gibo, Tuesday, 23 October 2007 5:09:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It surely was a couple of years back.

I am thinking of the Commutant Ninja Turtles.
Posted by Ginx, Tuesday, 23 October 2007 8:30:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Everybody thinks it was the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 that signalled the end of Communism in Europe. Actually, it was the death of their spiritual leader, Jimi Henson in 1990 - by the hand of God, no less! - that really finished them off.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 23 October 2007 8:52:45 PM
Oops - the 'Jimi' was a typo... a Freudian slip, perhaps - or THE INFLUENCE OF SATAN?

Jim Henson, Jimi Hendrix - the Devil's little helpers, and commos to boot! Not to mention Kermit, Miss Piggy, Bert, Ernie, Oscar, Big Bird and the rest of the Red Army...
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 23 October 2007 8:58:50 PM
Yeah, well I guess a quick look at a map and seeing that China, North Korea, Vietnam and Cuba are still on there, I guess Pro Hart was right!

He wasn't right about much, but he was right about that.
Posted by Bugsy, Wednesday, 24 October 2007 12:20:58 AM
I will try to give the subject a little balance, it is dead but a very few refuse to except that.
That very few strangely are often youths not yet out of their teens and the very old.
In the birth of communism, a far different time than now, it was seen by people as the answer to a world that cared far less for some than it does now.
I have no trouble understanding the part it played in working class party's and workers movements.
And even less trouble saying it was a fraud, it made slaves of workers.
It was however no less honest than most political movements can be left or right.
Communism is dead in its rightful place.
By the way I left one forum because of clashes with 3 communists, one just in his teen years but unable to understand todays workers will never take to self enforced slavery.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 24 October 2007 6:14:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy