The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Debate

The Debate

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 19
  15. 20
  16. 21
  17. All
Hi AC,

In a lesser of two evils scenario, Harris seems the more "intelligent" choice, but its only relative, Trumps scores a 1 out of 10 with me, Harris is a 2. I believe Harris pandering to American greed will push the world along the road to annihilation, but at a slower rate than Trump, but to annihilation never the less. The American Military-Industrial Complex created the likes of North Korea, Iran, the Russian state of today, etc its starved Africa of resources, destroyed the Middle East, turned most of Asia and South America into lunatic basket cases. The big danger now is the rise of China, and how that American Military-Industrial Complex will antagonise it to such an extent, using its political and economic muscle, plus sycophantic states like Australia, to a point where nuclear war is the only option left.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 16 September 2024 6:26:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze,

There are no laws in the US allowing for the execution of newborns. All the article you linked to manages to do is to provide a very twisted interpretation of the laws. Their purpose was to ensure medical decisions remain in the hands of medical staff rather than the government.

Your media literacy is appalling.

Walz’s repeal of reporting requirements for babies born alive after failed abortions was part of a broader effort to expand reproductive rights in Minnesota. The change was designed to reduce unnecessary state oversight of medical procedures and shift responsibility to healthcare professionals who are guided by medical ethics. The law doesn't allow newborns to be neglected or executed. All it does is remove bureaucratic burdens, leaving the care of these rare and tragic cases to medical professionals.

But it seems "big government" is okay when it suits us.

When infants are born alive after failed abortions, doctors assess their viability, and if they're too premature or severely compromised, comfort care is provided, not life-saving measures that would cause further suffering. The idea that these infants are just left gasping for air (as ttbn incorrectly puts it and the article suggests) while doctors stand by is a gross misrepresentation of the medical reality.

Could you link me to the polling figures you provided? I couldn’t find any record of a Reuters poll with the numbers you mentioned. Or are you just cherry-picking again?
Posted by John Daysh, Monday, 16 September 2024 7:20:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To quote Reuters,

"WASHINGTON, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Democratic U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris leads Republican Donald Trump 47% to 42% in the race to win the Nov. 5 presidential election, increasing her advantage after a debate against the former president that voters largely think she won, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll that closed on Thursday.
The two-day poll showed Harris with a five percentage point lead among registered voters, just above the four-point advantage she had over Trump in an Aug. 21-28 Reuters/Ipsos poll."

Trumpster provide the evidence that;

Pre-debate, Reuters gathered a group of undecided voters.

Following the debate, 60% said they now leaned Trump.
30% now leaned Harris.
10% remained undecided.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 16 September 2024 8:30:11 AM
“Exactly 1500? What are the chances? Or just fabricated?” - http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=23106#396622

Exactly 60, 30 and 10 percent? What are the chances? Or just fabricated?
Posted by John Daysh, Monday, 16 September 2024 9:53:27 AM
Paul 1405,

What an embarrassment you are: to yourself, to Online Opinion, to regular posters, and probably your own family.

If I cared, or if you were part of my family, I would suggest that you speak to your GP about a cognitive test. You are in the age group where the test is recommended. If you are verging on what I think you are, if it is caught early, there are measures that can be taken. People who care about themselves are recommended to take the test every two years.

I would also suggest that you stop drinking alcohol.

Indyvidual,

The moral frameworks of conservatives and so-called progressives are in total opposition. Nothing will change that.

I am looking forward to the Walz-Vance chat. I watched Walz going solo for the first time a few days ago. The man is a lunatic. I made a big mistake thinking that he could keep Harris in check if the worst happened. If anything, he is worse than she is.

John Daysh,

You know bugger-all about babies surviving abortion after they are dumped in a dish. In Australia, a proposition to legalise proper care for them was spurned by our decaying Parliament.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 16 September 2024 9:54:45 AM
ttbn,

Your 'Nuh-uh!' response suggests otherwise.

But please do enlighten me as to why I know "bugger all."

http://j.gifs.com/vb20nr.gif
Posted by John Daysh, Monday, 16 September 2024 10:17:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11