The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Debate

The Debate

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. 21
  14. All
mhaze,

You’re trying to rewrite the conversation now. My original argument has consistently been about both the legality and the ethics of the situation, but you keep shifting your focus whenever you realise one angle isn’t working for you.

Let's set the record straight:

You claim now that your argument has always been about ethics, not legality, yet your insistence on repeatedly referencing court cases and investigations clearly shows you were pushing a narrative that involved legality. I addressed both because, frankly, both matter when it comes to your claim that Planned Parenthood was doing something wrong.

You haven't actually made a compelling ethical argument. All you’ve done is throw around inflammatory language about "dismemberment of kids" while ignoring the medical, legal, and ethical standards that guide these procedures. If you want to talk ethics, let’s discuss the real-world medical complexities that lead to these decisions - ones that aren’t nearly as black-and-white as your oversimplified narrative suggests.

It's ironic that you're lecturing me about honesty and logic while continually dodging the fact that multiple investigations found no wrongdoing, legal or otherwise. You’re trying to reframe the argument after being backed into a corner, but your selective focus is only making it more obvious.

At least stay consistent with your arguments, instead of trying to spin the discussion each time your claims fall apart.
Posted by John Daysh, Wednesday, 18 September 2024 4:59:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I give up. JD just makes it up as he goes and then claims he's ethical.

Show me where I talked about the legality of the issue JD. We both know you can't and we both know you're just fabricating here. I only mentioned the courts in response to you raising them as an attempted and failed proof of your daffy claims. You finally admitted you got your claims about the courts wrong after I'd gently led you to the truth but now you backtrack. You are truly a disappointment.

My original and only point was about the ethics of selling body parts. Show me where I said otherwise. You claimed the courts showed the video was falsely edited and proving you wrong on that was the ony reason I mentioned the courts.

But your lack of ethics here means this conversation (although it was less of a conservation and more of an exercise in teaching you logic and truth seeking)...this conversation is over. You're not worth the effort.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 18 September 2024 6:10:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze,

Of course you give up. You’ve backed yourself into a corner that is impossible to get out of without some concessions.

//Show me where I talked about the legality of the issue JD.//

“Its not about wanting government involved in all abortion decisions - quite the contrary. But to my way of thinking, aborting and killing a living human even if that human is less than perfect, is murder. And enforcing laws against murder is a governmental function.”
(http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=10473#364343)

“I call for the government to enforce the law of murder and you think I'm calling for more laws.”
(http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=10473#364365)

//We both know you can't and we both know you're just fabricating here.//

Classic mhaze right there. Don't you look silly now?

//You finally admitted you got your claims about the courts wrong after I'd gently led you to the truth but now you backtrack.//

No, you only mentioned it once. I then corrected myself.

//My original and only point was about the ethics of selling body parts. Show me where I said otherwise//

See above.

They also weren’t selling body parts, but you’re still claiming they were. They were donating tissue with the required consent.

//You're not worth the effort.//

Bye bye, mhaze.
Posted by John Daysh, Wednesday, 18 September 2024 6:39:01 PM
A quick correction, mhaze.

No, you weren't talking about the selling of body parts in the words of yours that I quoted.

The the main issue was that body parts were never being sold, yet the video was edited to make it look like they were.
Posted by John Daysh, Wednesday, 18 September 2024 7:54:39 PM
"Oh, So NoW iT'S aBoUt WhEtHeR oR nOt BoDy PaRtS wErE bEiNg SoLd? WhY wErE yOu BaNgInG oN aBoUt LeGaLiTiEs ThEn?"

It was always about that, mhaze. I mentioned the legalities of the situation because selling body parts is illegal in the US - whether they be from the born or the unborn.

Like I said earlier, life becomes so much easier when you're honest (and when you own up to your own mistakes, too, I might add).

You really should try it sometime.
Posted by John Daysh, Wednesday, 18 September 2024 8:44:00 PM
ttbn,

Kindly supply us with your evidence to back up your
claims that both moderators are Democrats.

Kindly back up your own claims.

Thank You.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 18 September 2024 10:57:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20