The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Debate

The Debate

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. All
"There’s nothing special or extraordinary about what Biden or the Democrats did there. "

Oh really. When was the last time a sitting president was overthrown in a palace coup?

", you spin it to look like it’s specifically a corrupt activity of the group you don’t like."

No spin required. It was corrupt. And anti-democratic. The people voted for Biden to be their representative and the people were ignored and pushed aside.

"A political party who nominates a candidate who openly
promises to end elections, imprison all his critics, who
has swinging political beliefs, is against laws and
calls all of his opponents criminals, denounces peaceful
protesters as mobs and calls any reporting he dislikes
as "election interference" and "fake news". Is not a
threat to democracy?"

Foxy demonstrates what she's fallen hook, line and sinker for all the lies coming out of the mainstream media. It must be a day ending in 'y'.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 19 September 2024 10:22:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“Then Both Biden and Harris have warned Trump is a
grave threat to democracy and freedom”.

And that nonsense is now recognised as one of the reasons there have been two attempts on Donald Trump's life. The Democrats and their supporters must be so proud of themselves. Lawfare, now attempted murder, which could be the real thing before the election.

Two great ways to prevent your opponent from being elected.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 19 September 2024 10:55:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On all the days ending with Y
mhaze's comments make us cry
So to get rid of the hazy Trumpster blues
Lets fill our cups up not with coke
but - BOOZE.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 19 September 2024 10:56:50 AM
Booze. Some people's posts suggest that they are always on the stuff.

Another good thing about Donald Trump is that he is a teetotaller. So is Joe, but something else interfered with his marbles. Trump is teetotal, plus all of his marbles.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 19 September 2024 11:44:01 AM
It's just as well that Trump doesn't drink 'cause he loves
his guns and his burgers, chips, and fast foods. Adding booze
to that mix could prove fatal.

Anyhoo, as we can see - the ardent Trump supporters here
will blame anything else for Trump's criticism. Someone else
will always be responsible - the media, the moderators,
and so on.

This is motivated not by a belief in upholding democratic
norms. This is purely an effort to rule out any criticism
of Trump's authoritarianism as dangerous and out of bounds.

This is purely a cynical attempt to "foam the runaway for
the election of a dangerous man" as my earlier link argues.

It will probably work for Trump supporters.
It will comfort them thinking Trump's not to blame.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 19 September 2024 12:05:13 PM
mhaze,

Biden wasn’t removed in a coup; he’s still president. He was encouraged to bow out of the 2024 race because his age and mental decline were seriously affecting his chances for re-election.

//The people voted for Biden to be their representative and the people were ignored and pushed aside.//

No, the public doesn't vote for the representatives, if that’s what you mean. And, again, he’s still president.

Anyway, I thought you bought into the conspiracy theory that the 2020 election was “sToLeN!” Now suddenly Biden was democratically elected because that suits your narrative.

Again, see what happens when you’re dishonest? You always end up contradicting yourself eventually, because it’s impossible to keep track of all your lies.

--

As a teetotaller myself, I believe it's a virtue, but it’s no replacement for rational thinking.

If Trump’s sobriety really preserved all his marbles, they’ve been scattered in every speech, tweet, and policy debacle anyway.

There’s more to leadership than avoiding alcohol. It’s about sound judgement, accountability, and a firm grasp on reality - qualities Trump has never shown.

God, just imagine a drunk Trump!

"Okay, okay, look - listen, folks, nobody, and I mean nobody knows more about not drinking than me. I don’t drink. Never needed it, don’t want it. Some people say, 'Don, why no booze?' And I say, 'Look, I’m already winning, folks, don’t need it!' And believe me, I’m winning so big. So big. But Joe... oh, poor Joe... he doesn’t even know where he is! He’s... what’s the word? A total lightweight, folks. Total. Can’t even walk up a flight of stairs without... boom! Down goes Joe! But me? Stone-cold sober, folks. Sharp as a tack. I’ve got all the marbles, every marble! More marbles than anyone! The best marbles, believe me. You all know it. Everyone knows it. They say it, trust me."
Posted by John Daysh, Thursday, 19 September 2024 12:18:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. All