The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Do Libertarians Still Exist?

Do Libertarians Still Exist?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
You haven't been there so what the farc would you know?
Random,
I have worked with enough "educated" mutts to know one when one replies to me. Just attending some event isn't the same as having the sense to part of the show.
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 13 May 2024 7:44:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi AC,

It's easier to indoctrinate the uneducated.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 13 May 2024 9:58:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's easier to indoctrinate the uneducated.
Foxy,
Not being educated blesses many with common sense. Being educated denies common sense.
Don't believe me ? Read your posts !
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 13 May 2024 10:08:40 AM
Hi Random,

"First there was an attack on science, but selectively, an attack on climate science. Now this is an attack on teaching of science by people who do not know what it really is."

I've got no problems attacking climate scientists, especially if they suggest I eat mealworms and crickets again.
No offense but some of these people stay in their labs so long they become Joseph Meglers, so focused on what they're doing that they've lost touch with reality and present a danger to those around them.

I was always a bit of a doubter.
Wild claims about sea level rises and that we'd all be underwater decades ago.
But I do see examples of drought, and wonder if largely populated regions will struggle to find the water they need.
Even Australia is a net importer of water, if the world is in such terrible peril, then why the hell are we bringing in a million immigrants a year?
Why do we hear about 'growth targets'

It's like there's 2 competing narratives.

My position towards climate and environmentalism, is that I'm happy to support things that are better for the environment, but I won't support cutting our noses off to spite our faces.

I also think that prior to the demise of industrial manufacturing, the dominant voice of Australia was the blue collar worker, we'll they're gone now, and it has elevated the white coats to the top spot.

So there seems to be this greater emphasis on everyone bowing down to the university voice, and well - we've all seen them glue themselves to the roads, so they cant be all that intelligent.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 13 May 2024 10:13:24 AM
Foxy,
It takes a lot of very little common sense to not realise the difference between an academic & someone who started learning after Uni.
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 13 May 2024 10:13:43 AM
[Cont.]
As for members of the forum...

"This forum is populated mostly by right wingers who didn't finish high school. They can't even work out the consequences of their loopy populist ideas inserted into their heads by people who did go to universtity, hired by companies with a vested interest in the chattering masses having those 'beliefs' regardless of the science."

I don't know about other commenters level of education.
What I do know is that many are older Australians.
Most come from a different era, when you could wave the Aussie flag with pride without being accused of being a racist right-wing coloniser.
And these people, well it's true many did not wander the university hallways;
- But many busted their guts working to better this country back in their day.

I was much like you when I first came to the forum, in from the wild west of other places on the internet, looking to make every discussion a battle to fight tooth and nail for, to the extent of abusing others, and I'm still a little that way if pushed.
But at some point I realised I was just being rude to and abusing older people.

You seem like you have some form though Randon, I like your passion and the forum can use some new opinions.

What you'll find, if you stay around long enough, is that you'll likely end up in both agreement and disagreement, with everyone in the forum, at different times and on different topics.

We did have some more intelligent members who would frequently debate the science.
(Not me, above my pay grade)
The sad part about this forum is that often the reason why members stop posting is because they've passed away.
There were some forum members that would've given you a run for your money on the science, but sadly they've stopped posting recently.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 13 May 2024 10:25:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All