The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > If We Ban Nazi Symbols - Why Not Soviet Ones As Well?

If We Ban Nazi Symbols - Why Not Soviet Ones As Well?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. 14
  15. All
I'd be interested in knowing how Trump would handle the situation in The Ukraine and with Putin. I suspect that Trump might be able to "do a deal".
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 11 January 2024 1:26:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I do think that the Westminster System is morally superior to a Communist dictatorship- but Russia is less of a dictatorship now than it was- and the west is probably more of a dictatorship particularly under Democrat rule.
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 11 January 2024 1:29:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Canem Malum,

«I suspect that Trump might be able to "do a deal"»

He probably would, a deal that would leave millions of helpless innocent Ukrainians under cruel Russian control.

The only deal I would accept, is to let each Ukrainian district have a free referendum (under UN/international supervision to ensure that it is indeed free) which all sides agree to respect, whether the people there like to be part of Ukraine, of Russia, or be independent.

«and the west is probably more of a dictatorship particularly under Democrat rule.»

They are both as dictatorial in their own ways.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 11 January 2024 3:23:37 AM
Hi AC,

I do not support the banning of symbols. I thought I
made that quite clear. Because as I stated earlier -
where do we draw the line - in which symbols we ban?
That's why I asked - if we ban Nazi symbols, why not
communist ones or others like the KKK - and so on?

I object to just selecting one particular group of
symbols.

As for Trump making a deal with Putin? Trump will
do what he thought would be to his advantage.
And I'm sure that Putin would be able to manipulate
him. Trump only thinks of himself. And what's in it
for him.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 11 January 2024 8:32:35 AM
These salutes are no different to the Black Power fist. In Australia the most serious is the “oi, oi, oi” because it’s pushing the bogan mentality which will eventually have consequences similar to all the aforementioned if education is allowed to fester in the present Petri Dish.
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 11 January 2024 5:26:30 PM
"I do not support the banning of symbols. I thought I
made that quite clear. Because as I stated earlier -
where do we draw the line - in which symbols we ban?
That's why I asked - if we ban Nazi symbols, why not
communist ones or others like the KKK - and so on?

I object to just selecting one particular group of
symbols."

No problems, sorry for assuming.
I know there's a potential issue of symbols causing incitement and division.

The problem with all this is once you ban one 'e.g. NAZI
Someone else will say hey - 'If we're going to ban this, then we aren't we banning that'
- And then the whole thing becomes a can of worms.

I do agree that you have to apply it fairly across the board.

Sometimes I think things sold with good intentions have the potential to not always result in a good outcome all around, generally speaking.

Trump stop the war?
Well we'll just have to see if he can win the election first.
I think he'll try to do a deal, and maybe the Democrats, some Republicans and the Neoconservatives will try to do whatever they can to prevent him doing so, but that doesn't mean Putin will be willing to give up much.

Russias goals are demilitarisation, denazification, and neutrality from NATO, and I don't think these demands are negotiable.
That's why they went to war in the first place.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 11 January 2024 10:34:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 12