The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > When Religion Is Taken To The Extreme

When Religion Is Taken To The Extreme

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. All
David f, by YOUR definition of HATE, I am your enemy. You fail to see the meaning of your own words. If you do not accept my words by your definition of HATE, "you are not with me, you [stand] against me". [Jesus]

In the last 12 months 83,000 Christians have been murdered in Nigeria, and no one has stopped this slaughter, or taken up arms against the murderers.
Posted by Josephus, Thursday, 3 August 2023 4:51:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Josephus,

You may try to make me your enemy. However, I will not be your enemy. I have nothing against you. I don't approve of the ugly religion you follow. However, I have nothing against you and will not be your enemy in spite of the ugly words attributed to Jesus. I don't know that he even said those words or even that he existed. I would like to see a world where people live in peace with other. We differ from each other in belief and thought. People who differ from each other can live together in peace if they want to. You may hate me. I can't control your feelings. However, I don't hate you and won't be made to. In fact, I don't hate anybody.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 3 August 2023 6:33:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Josephus,

Most high school shootings in the United States were
done by people of the Christian Right. We have anti-
abortion violence. We have anti-minority violence.
We've seen the Christchurch mosque shootings on the
news. Of synagogues being required to have security
guards, and the list goes on.

Fundamentalists and extremists
come in all sorts of religions. Christians do not
have a good record. When religion is taken to the
extreme - we all suffer.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 August 2023 6:43:27 PM
Hi David,

I find many "involved" Christians I speak with, certainly people of good character, they spend a lot of time in discussion minimising the past failures of Christianity. I often attend a weekly Christian fellowship, where questions are put, and discussion takes place, and interpretations of biblical scripture is made. This week it was a discussion on what Jesus had to say about "wealth", and how modern day Christians should act in relation to materialism, none seeing it as necessary to jettison their material ways in favour of a "come follow me" philosophy. I find that these mainstream Christians, simply interoperate scripture in ways that leads to an accommodation of their own circumstance, their own morals and their own beliefs.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 4 August 2023 6:00:30 AM
Dear Paul1405,

There is a Christian saying: "Hate the sin, but love the sinner." I will hate the sin of Christianity but will not hate Christians.
Posted by david f, Friday, 4 August 2023 8:14:52 AM
David f, finally you get it. You can hate beliefs and actions, but care for the perpetrator. That is what Jesus was stating, if you are not supporting me you are acting against me. This is not hate speech, it is an obvious position. To oppose a person's beliefs with a better argument is not hate. The scripture teaches, pray for your enemy, give a cup of water to a thirsty enemy. As Jesus did, he healed a daughter of an occupying Roman guard. He had among his followers several zealots that were willing to murder Roman guards, he told them to put away their swords as those that live by the sword will die by the sword.

The communist left only believes there is one truth that must occupy everyone's mind as in Communist China, to oppose is hate of the State and must be subjected to brain washing of incarceration from the public as in the case of Uighurs. "The Chinese government is mounting a hardline campaign against the Uighurs and other Muslim minority groups, such as Kazakhs, Uzbeks and Hui, in the large western province of Xinjiang."

Similar things are happening in America and in Australia to only have one idea of truth and it is determined by the State. All other beliefs are considered hate speech. Some here hold that position, that to oppose a belief is hate speech.
Posted by Josephus, Friday, 4 August 2023 9:47:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12