The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Opus Dei And Twenty Million Dollars

Opus Dei And Twenty Million Dollars

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 13
  13. 14
  14. 15
  15. All
mhaze,

Wrong again. It's covered under Myth 4.
Go back and read it - you obviously missed it.

You're welcome!
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 2 February 2023 12:26:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well one of us didn't read it thoroughly enough. Myth 4 says "“SENDING MY KID TO A PRIVATE SCHOOL SAVES THE PUBLIC PURSE. THE SYSTEM WOULD COLLAPSE IF WE ALL SENT OUR KIDS TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS.”

But I, and for that matter no one else I know of, don't argue that the system would "COLLAPSE IF WE ALL SENT OUR KIDS TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS.” Just that the costs to the government would expand dramatically. Nowhere in their explanation do they seek to refute the fact that kids going to private schools saves the government money.

Of course the whole article is like that...creating so-called myths that aren't really part of the claims and then disproving that which was never asserted. Strawmen abound.

Perhaps you should more closely read the stuff you rely on to tell you what to think.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 2 February 2023 12:59:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze,

Ah yes - but it also went on to explain further - which you
conveniently left out.

Go back and read the full explanations.

Also in the summation it states
that "If most kids went to government schools, the public
system would be better funded, much fairer and we'd waste
a lot less of tax payer money.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 2 February 2023 1:25:42 PM
But it DOESN'T say government costs wouldn't go up....which was my point.

Of course, rather than relying on others to selectively give you talking points you could go to pretty much every education dept website to see that government funding for kids at non-government schools is lower than funding for kids at government schools. But I understand that checking for yourself is too hard
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 2 February 2023 3:56:52 PM
mhaze,

Is this the best you can do?

How disappointing.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 2 February 2023 4:00:39 PM
Dear Mhaze,

«Ultimately our society entrusts the raising of kids to their parents.»

Read: society has not [yet] completely taken the kids away from their parents to indoctrinate them in its ways.

Should we say "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you"?
Should we kiss their dirty hands and accept the state's filthy money?

I understand that you are trying to defend why even religious private schools deserve money from government, but the true question is, why on earth or in heaven would they be willing to accept that money?
Why would they be selling their kids' souls to the devil for 30 pieces of silver?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 2 February 2023 5:59:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 13