The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Opus Dei And Twenty Million Dollars

Opus Dei And Twenty Million Dollars

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All
Dear David F.,

«I don't see God as essentially different from the Greek, Roman and Norse gods.»

From this comment as well as from your subsequent post (Tuesday, 7 February 2023 10:00:39 AM), may I cautiously suspect that you could be confusing God with the Biblical god of the Jews? My apologies in advance if that is not the case.

When you first asked me, "Why do you think there is a God or god?", it has not even crossed my mind that you could be referring to that particular god.

This complete misunderstanding could possibly explain your persistent negativity towards God and religion.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 7 February 2023 10:48:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu,

Where did Christianity go wrong?

Two of the sayings of Jesus are instructive:

Matthew 12:30 “He that is not with me is against me;” Those words make an enemy of those who do not follow. I do not wish to follow Jesus, but I do not wish to be the enemy of those who choose to follow him. Those words make those who do not follow him an enemy.

Matthew 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

The above sayings express intolerance, a disregard of the family and aggressiveness. Jesus, like his father, had an excess of testosterone.

Christianity went wrong at its beginning. Could God have had Jessica instead of Jesus – a daughter instead of a son?

A daughter might be less aggressive and not make a dichotomy between allegiance and enmity. A daughter might have more regard for family. A daughter might not have been crucified. Instead of a cross Christianity might have as logo the MacDonald’s symbol upside down which resembles two full breasts.

I might follow Jessica enthusiastically.
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 7 February 2023 11:29:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu,

My negativity toward God and religion is because I think it is harmful nonsense, and humanity would be better off without it. It is crap.
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 7 February 2023 11:40:58 AM
Dear David F.,

I am not representing Christianity nor have I any inside information why Jesus said this or that, assuming he actually did say it and assuming that his words were not been taken completely out of context. I suggest that asking a Christian priest or scholar instead could provide you with better answers to these questions than the guesses I can provide.

«Jesus, like his father, had an excess of testosterone.»

I know nothing about Joseph's chemistry and genetics - do you?

«Where did Christianity go wrong?»

In my humble opinion, when it considered the excellent, yet private, spiritual advice which Jesus gave to his close disciples in particular contexts, to constitute universal teachings.

«My negativity toward God and religion is because I think it is harmful nonsense, and humanity would be better off without it.»

Nobody should ever argue with you about the content of your thoughts and the fact that you think what you think.

Nevertheless, that "God" which you think negatively of has little to do with God and that "religion" which you think negatively of has little to do with religion. That "harmful nonsense" which you think negatively on is nothing but some tribal customs and superstitions, completely unrelated to God and religion.

You asked me about God and so I answered you about God, not about Judeo-Christian beliefs and traditions.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 7 February 2023 1:16:37 PM
Dear Yuyutsu,

I do not like the term Judaeo-Christian as it does not reflect reality. Judaism and Christianity are two separate religions which contradict each other. I have read about other religions such as Jainism, Zoroastrianism (which does not seek converts), Islam, Hinduism (which is really a bunch of different beliefs), Buddhism with its different traditions and schools, Sikhism, folk religions. My older son studies religion and has written about as he is a professor of anthropology. From my reading and talking with my son it appears all crap. You have assumed falsely that I only know about Judaism and Christianity. My knowledge goes beyond that. God and religion are crap.
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 7 February 2023 1:54:17 PM
David f, has no real idea of social and cultural relationships which are the behaviors and boundaries developed over thousands of years. He calls is excreat which indicates his level of understanding.
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 7 February 2023 4:03:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy