The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The hidden assaults > Comments

The hidden assaults : Comments

By Joanna Bourke, published 10/9/2007

In bedrooms all over the country, women are still subjected to sexual violence from their spouses.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. All
MlK
Your starting to get suspicious. Well its taken a long time.

The author writes of the 1970’s feminists. So what has become of the leaders of the 1970’s feminist movement.

One originally called herself a Marxist, but she has made a lot of money from feminism. She now owns 3 properties. One in England, one in France, and she has recently purchased 50 acres outside of Brisbane. She is also known as one of the most abusive of people in Australia.

2 of the queens have died in recent years. One of those also called herself a Marxist, but she married a capitalist and had her children driven to school in a limousine.

Another said that heterosexual sex was rape, but she liked travelling around the US in buses. So she used to prostitute herself for bus fares.

And so on.

These were the queens of feminism, and it was from these queens that came the notion of patriarchy, the notion that all men are rapists, and the notion that all men carry out oppression of women.
Posted by HRS, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 9:28:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
MLK, backlash needs something to lash back at. False accusations, misconstrued, collected, spun and analysed data to further feminist empowerment(?)seems a credible thing to foster backlash. If people and organisations dropped the sexual politicalisation of life and it's issues, and honestly addressed the problems, most would cease to be problems
Posted by aqvarivs, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 9:34:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Col Rouge – “From a tongue in cheek perspective it might well be cheaper to buy the services of one of a range of experienced and technically dextrous whores than buy a house and all the trimmings."

If you buy a house with all the trimmings it is usually because you need a nest if you plan to have children. Usually it’s the woman whose left holding the baby or babies if sex results in pregnancy, therefore sex is a more difficult issue for women. There are a large percentage of women who cannot tolerate the side effects of the contraceptive pill .

You don’t have to subject your body to medications to have sex do you Col.

Women need to get over their romantic ideas about relationships. Unfortunately they have been programmed this way by nature. They seek love not sex because they need a mate to stay around and help with the lifelong task of childrearing.

It is accurately stated- “that men give love because they want sex”
“ Women give sex because they want love”

Men who wish to have children need marriage more than women do because women always know who their children are and could simply mate with lots of the handsomest and strongest males and it wouldn’t really matter to them who the father was because they would still know who their children are.

Just tongue in cheek I think women should forget romance and marriage, become totally polygamous and charge every man for the privilege. There should be no free sex for men because some poor girl thinks that the man is really loving when he’s only pretending to get sex. Wake up girls!! stop wasting your love on men, they’re not like you imagine them to be. They are biologically programmed to be sexual hunters. They only pretend to be monogomas to con some poor woman into having their children so they can make sure there are no other males involved, then they are inclined to go hunting again.
Posted by sharkfin, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 10:32:57 PM
Col Rouge: " 'In bedrooms all over the country, women are still subjected to sexual violence from their spouses.'

And in kitchens across the country, many men are subject to a continual tirade of verbal assaults by their spouses too.

So what. "

Until Col wrote that, my impression from his comments was that he is a more generalised misanthrope than a hardcore misogynist like some around here. While he probably thought he was being clever and provocative, the equation of 'sexual violence' by men with 'verbal assaults' by women is too offensive to common decency for it to be excused as 'making a point'.

Yvonne asks, "Are some forms of violence OK?". The answer could only be in the affirmative if it's explicitly assented to, as in sadomasochistic sex or whatever. However, under the kind of implied sexual contract with which Col tries to rescue his hopeless ethical position, the answer must be that sexual violence is most definitely not OK. I'm surprised that you'd consider that it might be.

As he usually does when bereft of an argument, Col resorts to personal insult. In this case, if I'm the village idiot, Col appears to be one of the resident rock apes. At least I'm harmless :)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 12 September 2007 8:59:38 AM
yvonne, very well put - thank you.

I'd been trying to find a phrasing to make similar points and not coming up with anything which I was happy with. It is an emotive discussion with both valid points and spin.

At the heart of the topic should be what people are in committed relationships for anyway. The trouble seems to come when one or both parties see it in terms of control over another, of getting as much as they can while giving as little as they can.

There will be times when we all do things we would rather not for the sake of our partner, when that is a choice and done from love that is a good thing, when it is forced it is abuse.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 12 September 2007 9:10:38 AM
Yvonne “Col Rouge got a bit of a caning…. he does make a point.”

thankyou for your understanding.

Men and women deal with issues differently. Men tend more toward physical action but women can be equally corrosive to a relationship in different ways.

Billie “Possession of a penis..”

And “possessing a vagina does not confer automatic wisdom nor possession of a penis convey incredulity”

What a stupid line billie, individuals are individuals. No gender has a monopoly.

I am lucky, I have a partner with compatible values to mine.

However, I went through some dirt to find the diamond (which she is).

It is important to decide who you are NOT prepared to partner with as it is who you partner with.

Sharkfin “therefore sex is a more difficult issue for women.”

In an intimate context, I ensure I discuss my expectations etc. first.

Anyone one who enters a relationship, I can only presume, deploys similar investigation beforehand and thus any potential ‘difficulties’ are out in the open and avoidable before the “relationship” commences.

Re "contraceptives", I had a vasectomy about 20 years ago after my second daughter was born.

“You don’t have to subject your body to medications to have sex”

No.

Do you?

“Women…become totally polygamous and charge every man for the privilege.”

So you believe it is “cheaper to buy the services of one of a range of experienced and technically dextrous whores”?

From my own experience, like most men, I am not in the “charge for services” league but I have, frequently and repeatedly, experienced a willingness on the part of ladies to readily offer “free samples” of their wares.

CJ Morgan “As he usually does when bereft of an argument, Col resorts to personal insult. In this case, if I'm the village idiot..”

In hindesight, more the village hypocrite,

when I consider the amount of low life insults, gratuitous sniping and sly innuendo which is posted by you.

You obviously cannot take it, so stop trying to hand it out.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 12 September 2007 11:02:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11