The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The hidden assaults > Comments

The hidden assaults : Comments

By Joanna Bourke, published 10/9/2007

In bedrooms all over the country, women are still subjected to sexual violence from their spouses.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
Romany,
It is interesting that you are supportive of the highly articulate and totally impressive Donald Blake when he uses language such as “sick and callous”, “silly baseless assumptions”, “disgruntled and irrational”, “obsessed”, “web stalkers”, “dysfunctional” etc.

Such language could be regarded as being abusive, but of course feminism is highly anti-abusive and no feminist has ever been known to be abusive.

The author writes in glowing terms of the 1970’s feminists and I think the author wants to keep alive the “All men are rapists” slogan from the 1970’s feminist movement.
Posted by HRS, Sunday, 16 September 2007 12:06:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
trade215, someone must have really hurt you in the past. How else can such anti-male bitterness be explained?

‘Men will always be self serving, sexually aggressive, pigs. At best a man can only ever repress that tendency by learning self restraint and the outward pretext of civility and empathy’ - so, if a male acts civilly towards you, it is a sham? Wasn’t your statement ‘aggressive’?

‘Ladies, spare yourselves the indignity of man. Dont marry them.’ - really clever, let’s all become extinct. Or maybe you’ll go for a test-tube pregnancy.

‘evil, oppressive, war-mongering, pig-dog-bastard-rapist man’, - Jeez, you really hate us, don’t you?

‘Deal with people decently and humanely. Live by the golden rule’, - maybe you should practise what you preach.

‘Chivallry is nothing more than benevolent sexism’ - eh? Good manners, honour in battle, loyalty and all that.

‘Truth and respect renders love obsolete’, - so what you believe is that you can’t love and respect someone?

You need to meet a real man. Not one of your imaginery oppresors.
Posted by AK47, Sunday, 16 September 2007 1:55:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
donald blake, I have nothing to say to make you feel better about yourself or your world, and unlike you, I don’t perceive being stalked by the likes of you with such toxic comments after my very short and harmless posting. Why, does anyone care about, or even acknowledge the existence of paternity fraud? Does anyone think it occurs more than something like once per year? Are there any laws against it?

No. Paternity fraud is perfectly OK, The child is simply “a child of the marriage”.

So what else did I say? Essentially, that rape within marriage was legal, just like paternity fraud, but only paternity fraud still remains so. Then I questioned why people would marry at all under those conditions (i.e. the possibility of rape, and paternity fraud).

OLO is an insignificant part of my life, especially so after my child support ended. I still have the 2 children from that marriage as I always have, but no longer do I get harassed for 18% of my gross capacity to earn (way over one third of net income) for the remaining child of the same marriage.

Yes, I am still somewhat passionate about the raw deal that men get without ever apparently realising it. Why else is paternity fraud a non-issue? Because presumably, men are still too busy defending themselves against their brands as bullies and rapists. Men, other than you, of course.

I don’t think this is irrational at all. My conscience is clear and I feel responsible for everything said as Seeker. It is the only pseudonym I have ever used. Unlike some, related to this subtopic … but it doesn’t surprise me that those using multiple OLO accounts and names would feel stalked (or worse). And it doesn’t surprise me that they could hold multiple conflicting positions, or that they would wish to shut down viewpoints different to their own.
Posted by Seeker, Sunday, 16 September 2007 10:27:20 PM
ak47,

scroll up a bit. l explained to col rouge (who had the same reaction as you) that l was being sarcastic... purely for effect.

yvonne,

l agree, completely, its is very sad that sex has been commodified and is used as an item of trade. l see it constantly in peoples relationships and as much as l hate to say it, its generally women who do that and its a majority of women who use it as a bargaining chip. Which l find most frustrating indeed. Power struggles doom relationships.

The battle of the sexes thing is very unfortunate indeed. All these things become mere pawns after a while. And its all a bit sad.
Posted by trade215, Wednesday, 19 September 2007 1:15:35 PM
trade215

'scroll up a bit. l explained to col rouge (who had the same reaction as you) that l was being sarcastic... purely for effect.'

Maybe so, but I'm sure that if a male poster made similar comments about females, he would be suspended and his post removed. Even if you provoked a response in kind, while your post remained, the reply would be cut off.

It's called 'reverse sexism' and works like 'reverse racism'. It is all a bit sad.
Posted by AK47, Wednesday, 19 September 2007 5:29:55 PM
Posted by Romany, Sunday, 16 September 2007 3:57:22 AM

I did not write nor implie women were stupid. That is YOUR interpretation.

I wrote as I have experienced and I am sure that there are many men who experience the full warth of a woman's fury. Try giving someone a cuddle who is experiencing her full rage at you and you are definitely in trouble.

I have seen where women turn things around to make the guy look bad.

No women are definitely not stupid.

So Romany dont use this arguement technique on me
Posted by JamesH, Thursday, 20 September 2007 9:53:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All