The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australians 'the worst Muslim haters in the world'? > Comments

Australians 'the worst Muslim haters in the world'? : Comments

By Manny Waks, published 24/4/2007

Visitors to Australia can talk all the nonsense they want, as long as they aren't a security threat.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. All
Manny. I haven't heard of Ridley, or you for that matter. Who cares what one (or two) more rabid writers think? I don't.

I must ask why are you "guessing" which countries are the worst? Your summary is about as helpful as Ridley's statements and just as likely to cause anger.

Spider says there is a growing resentment against Muslims because of their behaviour. I suspect that growing is inside Spider. Spider, it is the behaviour of a minority, not every Muslim.If every Muslim behaved that way you would know about it big time. Just for the record could you please point out all the mass Muslim rallies or attacks or similar that have occurred in Australia? There haven't been any mate. Nor will there be.

Do you equally judge all Christians by the behaviour of a few rabid believers? Hopefully not but I suspect you might.

How much do any of us know about each other's religion and why does any difference cause such angst?

I don't believe in a God but I do believe in most of what is prescribed in both the Bible and Koran. That is basically live peacefully. I wish.

All Christians and Muslims know this and would prefer to live that way but it is the minorities in each religion and the haters (you too Sage) who hold long term resentments which burst out at the worst moments.

Why should anyone hate anyone for their personal beliefs? It's downright idiotic. Like hating the sun because the sun makes it hard to see the moon during the day. Ridiculous, yes?

Could any Muslim here correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding of one of the major differences is that Muslims don't believe Jesus was the Son of God?

Actually neither do I and neither did Jesus if any of you care to research it. He is actually supposed to have referred to himself as the "Son of Man', meaning just another human but the Christians perverted that statement with one word which has made the Christian beliefs a fraud. Sorry Christians.
Posted by pegasus, Tuesday, 24 April 2007 3:08:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australians 'the worst Muslim haters in the world'?

I guess only one nation can win the prize

On the list of who cares -

Muslims - the religion it is easiest to grow to hate in the world.

Why I bought the Satanic Verses -

well it was a good idea - anyone who can get so far up the nose of the religious bigots cannot be all bad.

As for Phillips, Cat Stevens (or whatever he calls himself these days) and every other ranting fanatic with a towel on their head -

If ya dont like Australia - dont bother to come here and for sure, I will not bother to visit any of the sand filled cesspool which spend their time enforcing islamist medieval doctrins.
Posted by Col Rouge, Tuesday, 24 April 2007 3:13:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Most Australians have learned to growl a bit and shift along to let the newcomer have some room on the bench. That's what we have done for ages.For many other people.
But when the newcomer complains and threatens for more room than anyone else,including us, we stand up and say, "No!"
That is our perception of Muslims,right or wrong, it is their own bad behaviour that has rubbed us all the wrong way.
Why be so demanding, so rude, so menacing in a country that has taken you in and really helped you? Why allow one of your so called leaders to insult and offend your hosts? Maybe if Muslims had some manners or consideration for other cultures this whole business would never have arisen, the pity is that it has arisen and the stain of ingrate has spread to the whole lot.
Posted by mickijo, Tuesday, 24 April 2007 3:18:46 PM
well I found the muslim family...different to say the least

they are/were used to guns, and owning them
they are/were used to bribery, especially in their
own countries, Syria and Jordan
they are/were used to the idea that bank interest was wrong ?

I couldnt understand that passing money to others all the time,
was not considered equivalent to bank interest ? etc.
however the what I called bribery was just a money system,
that they were used to
and getting used to our system was very strange for them

they are/were used to the dad being the final word, to their
comings and goings and anything else

until they were married.... then they were free ? um eh

they are/were used to ladies with below the knee clothing

they are/were used to mum, covering up outside.... and not being
seen in home garb by other strange men in the house

I learnt a lot about their culture, and they learnt a lot from me/us,

and I remember thinking, jiminey crickets I would not last long
in Syria...grin being the hardcore against abuse type person...grin
had to learn what was expected there.....

I dont know about all muslim cultures/countries, but I found it very
interesting to know them, and I learnt a lot

JHH
Posted by JHH, Tuesday, 24 April 2007 5:11:01 PM
Just this evening a television program staged a situation where a young Muslim male wearing some type of religious head gear asked for donations to his mosque.

He walked up to passersby on the street, cup in hand asking for donations. I think that I was more surprised than he was to witness the number of people who actually gave him a donation.

I would not have donated to any church because I would have thought that the members of the church or mosque should fund their own desires.

The majority of Australians are clearly not racist. Simply another urban myth.
Posted by Cowboy Joe, Tuesday, 24 April 2007 8:18:23 PM
History has shown us that Christianity and Islam always penetrate foreign societies with great upheaval.

The main reason for this is that they are religions who proselytise aggressively without compromise. Muslims call Christians "missionaries" as a term of derision, but really Islam is just as missionary as its conterpart.

Because Australia is both Christian and secular society it is unsurprising that some Australians resent having Islam shoved down their throats via the usual gung-ho missionary tactics.

However, this is the montheistic way and non-Muslim Australians shouldn't really expect anything different. After all, monotheists sincerely believe that it is their duty to save society and to prevent as many people as possible from burning in hell.
Posted by TR, Tuesday, 24 April 2007 9:25:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy