The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The nonexistence of the spirit world > Comments

The nonexistence of the spirit world : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 12/2/2007

In the absence of church teaching, ideas about God will always revert to simple monotheism.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 53
  7. 54
  8. 55
  9. Page 56
  10. 57
  11. 58
  12. All
Hello *Computer Poppets*

I am most pleased ..., so now, I would like 2 express a personal view or two:

1. Nobody ought b concerned about having 2 defend *GoddO* He/She/It is big enuff & ugly enuff 2 do it itSelf.
2. We say, the Divine is In U, the hope of glory & yes indeed thereby has a close association with the "I/Ego." Of course, *poppets* have the choice of considering any aberations within consciousness to b within the sole purfew of BrainDopers & Shrinks. In the 1st instance, this is very important I would suggest.
3. Whilst *Poppets* like *Poppet West et al* appear 2 @ least superficially 2 b closed minded, indeed Godless, blasphemous, heathen *Poppets,* they do in fact fulfill a very important function in our *Lordy's Host,* verily even akin 2 our *Uncle Satan* (who despite the word being "Pulang, masih nggak mau.)

U c *Poppets,* @ this particular time, verily as it is written, is in fact "The time of *Gentiles*" & Heaven wants 4 us 2 purify our desire nature & grow a brain.

Again as it is written, a sign will not b given 2 the "group" as we already have too many ding-a-ling *Poppets* who wish 2 lay down their own *I* 2 something "other" which is of course to sin (in the greek to miss the point) & is counter productive in terms of personal evolution.

So I say unto our fellows *Poppet West et al*
HaHaHa!
;-)

" ... Go forth *Poppets!* Let Luv b the motivation & theMind always the overriding factor. Purge "our" Living Church of blind faith, dogma, child abusers & that which *Goddo* is not.
Beware the sin of the closed mind to experiences outside yr personal experience along the way. That can lead to, for want of a better term, a crystallisation of thought form, which again is to "sin," being counter productive in terms of personal evolution & inconducive to assisting in the process of elevating the consciousness of other *Poppets*

Fond Regards to All,

...Adam...
Posted by AJLeBreton, Thursday, 10 May 2007 12:56:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Satan is my favourite biblical character. The charcter of Satan in the bible is always honest and he is persecuted often immorally for it by god. Satan warned Adam and Eve when god lied to them , Satan warned Jesus when God lied to him , Satan even warned God when he was lying to himself - the story of Job. Satan therefore is symbolic of truth and/or pragmatism persecuted. The same thing happens to Judas.

You have to feel sorry for Satan , origionally Christians believed Satan created the Earth and man in his image, God was too perfect to be a man. Nicea made certain that texts supporting this view did not make it into the bible as it undermined authority and besides - the ethnic cleansing of pagans had begun. Satan remained a man for hundreds of years until paganism proved tenacious and so Satan joined the more mumbo jumbo of characters and earnt the horns and hooves and hells of the northern gods.

Satan stands for persecuted truth and you accuse me of serving his purpose , may I ha ha poppet? I merely make comments.

God is always on the believers side, funny that.
Posted by West, Thursday, 10 May 2007 1:47:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would have U know *Poppet West* that Dungeons & Dragons is a most excellent game. It should b put on the curriculum of all schools in my humble view as we did @ our college many moons ago & not just on the curriculum of the elitist "special" schools for primary students, to further encourage the faculty of imagination & pictorial perception, which are both highly valuable attributes when it comes to creating "new" things.

As for "our" irrepressable *Uncle Satan,*
indeed I have heard a very "wise" *poppet* say that it was he/she/it that gifted us with our "individuality," but that there remains an outstanding question as to the timing of that gift.
(I'm out of my depth now though & must confess to just regurgetating heresay.)

Perhaps for good reason *Auntie/Uncle Satan* was reputed to b much Luved & favoured by *GoddO* in the mythological stories of ages gone by.
Posted by AJLeBreton, Thursday, 10 May 2007 2:15:33 PM
AJLeBreton now you are getting too profound for religion not only dangerously close to "uncle/ Aunty Satan" but profound enough to accept your tea and coffee without milk and/or sugar. To borrow from another religion - Tarot, progressing from the Heirophant to the High Priestess crossed by the Devil. That is taking ritualised conformity to take a higher meaning but bonded by the need for it to have meaning. At the heart of the matter tea and coffee are flavoured water, we choose to flavour those beverages based on our preferences.

Profundity is the art of reading life and the universe, the esoteric is knowing what are you chosing to read into it and why you read what into what.

I dare say the real game of Dungeons and Dragons would be enlightening for some , but would for many become milk and sugar to again hide what is heated water.

One thing about the Bible is originally in Superman comics Superman stood for "Truth and Justice" it was only after the 1960's tv show he stood for "Truth and Justice and the American way" which does change the meaning. The Bibles own meanings have also evolved and have had meanings deliberately attributed to it.
Posted by West, Thursday, 10 May 2007 3:08:17 PM
West,

The Bible/Christianities has different meanings because its kernel has five gods, godheads aside. ... Adraham, Moses, Jesus, Hellenised Jesus [Pauline doctrines], and, institutionalised 'divine' Jesus [Nicaea]. Moreover, these god architectures draw on scores of other religions. [You know them]

Before 1500 BCE, religionists did, probably unintensionally help civilisation. Suprise! Some guys in the Middle East, called themselves priests, and decided to charge peasants for conducting religious services. The money earned subsequently supported the creation of an artisan class to meet the needs of the priests. [McNeil]

Cheers,

O.
Posted by Oliver, Friday, 11 May 2007 6:45:58 PM
4 the International stage 2 b set bak 2 a
*Peaceful Footing*
it is my view is that if *Browny* was already *President* we wouldn't b involved with shooting "enrichment waste" @ Sand People
&
it follows unlikely 2 b fighting with the "Islamic HardLiners"
&
the housing & resource boom would have been harnessed & turned into subsidies so that everyone's homes now wld b replete with *GreenTech* (RainWater systems, poo water recycling, mayb solar magnification & special materials, sales bak 2 the grid - The Works!)
so that we all mayb safe & secure from the climatic ravages that are predicted to come.

...Adam...
Posted by AJLeBreton, Thursday, 24 May 2007 1:07:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 53
  7. 54
  8. 55
  9. Page 56
  10. 57
  11. 58
  12. All