The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Taking a stand for all animals > Comments

Taking a stand for all animals : Comments

By Katrina Sharman, published 20/12/2006

Billions of animals are suffering in the US and Australia, but there’s hope in the wings.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. ...
  14. 30
  15. 31
  16. 32
  17. All
Being a strong advocator for the zebra, I too have faced immense hardships in fighting my cause. Those damn lions though just won't listen to the ideals you preach... but we lost a few good men trying though.

Katrina, I do wonder though if you could look into the intelligent, sentient eyes of starving human beings with such compassion when there is no longer a that to offer the fries with....
Posted by meliorator, Friday, 12 January 2007 5:11:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok so i`m a meat eating horror,in fact i have been one all my life and i wont stop now. I actively pursue game and often eat the game that i hunt,however in saying that i (we) dont just go out guns "ablazing" to knock every thing that we see A over T squared.

We are also conservationists as hunters although the L Levys of this world wont see that at all...hmmm i wonder what he does for wetlands?

Anyway took my Canon no, not the cannon but the camera variety for a stroll this morning and took a dozen pics of this hind..shoot her? No, but when the freezer is bare there is a big chance of her filling it. Provacative? No! Just telling it how it is in the real world.
I can always post a link to a nice fat vealer prior to it going to Safeway`s meat dept if you vegies want to come on with the "how could you" ?(eat the venison)hey it happens daily get over it folks.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/gryphone/stripgullytolmie.jpg
Posted by the gryphon, Saturday, 13 January 2007 9:38:12 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just a question for all , do you drive a vehicle? if so why? as there have been accidents involving oil rigs with animals getting coated with oil.I think this maybe one of those "oh we don't talk about that i have to get to my vegie farm" maybe there is ALOT of double standards happening here.
As far as killing a feral animal inhumanely, most hunters have a STRICT code of ethics and if the animal is NOT killed correctly it will not be accepted for the international market sales. Maybe if a few learnt some facts instead of saying what "Marg" told me at the tofu tasting the better off we all would be.
Posted by Young fella, Saturday, 13 January 2007 7:54:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You can't compare Roo culling with whaling for roo's are in abundance and easily populate while whale numbers is limited and they don't breed like Roo's.
Posted by Spider, Sunday, 14 January 2007 5:30:55 AM
Have a read of this post green leaf eaters..and i ask WHAT WOULD YOUR PLAN BE IF YOU WERE THE PERSON IN CHARGE OF THE ENVIRONMENT?

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/gryphone/ferals.jpg[/IMG]

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/gryphone/ferals.jpg
Posted by the gryphon, Sunday, 14 January 2007 8:13:37 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Greetings Katrina

Perhaps you may have access to today's West Australian where half of the front page is showing a picture of dozens of pigs crammed into one pen - some on top of each other, with the heading:

"WA piggery accused of letting crippled animals die in their own filth and feed on each other."

An article on Page 9 with the caption stating:

"Allegation of cruelty sparks raid at piggery"

Para 1: "A WA piggery was raided by police and other authorities yesterday amid claims some pigs at the facility had been eaten by others which had died in the pens, animals had been forced to wallow in filth so deep they struggled to walk and they had been left to die slowly once illness took hold."

Para 5: (A video) "allegedly shows dozens of pigs standing in a muddy cocktail of straw, feed and animal waste. Some appear to be disabled by a crippling disease that causes swelling of the limbs and makes walking difficult or impossible."

Para 7: "Some pigs were also allegedly captured on video gorging on carcasses of pigs that had died in the pens."

The ill-treatment was captured on video by a former worker.

I would not be the least surprised to find that the "pig" who operates this facility has accreditation. From a layperson's view, and after a cursory glance at the Code of Practice, I would suggest that all the "shoulds" and "mays" in this document be deleted and replaced with the verb "will".

One must also question the worth of the inspectors who are paid to ensure that factory farming is performed in a humane manner.

My daughter lost a friend in Scotland to Mad Cows' Disease.

I wonder what the medical terminology is for Mad Pigs' Disease?
Posted by dickie, Friday, 26 January 2007 11:32:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18