The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Racism is not simply black and white > Comments

Racism is not simply black and white : Comments

By Ghassan Hage, published 16/6/2006

Discrimination and bias can exist among minority groups too.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. All
Racism is natural; we all view our world through our own values and beliefs. Racism is definitely not limited to black or white but “universal”.

And then we have Islam that views all non-muslems as kuffar scum not worthy of co-existence with their superior cultic breed.

The only three ways a non-muslim can co-exist in an islamic country is:

1. Revert back (convert) to Islam
2. Become a second-class citizen
3. Be killed in the name of Allah

As many posts indicate here - when dealing with islam, we are dealing with a total different beast.

In racism there is the "I don't like you" remark/ feeling; to the "we don't mix with “xyz” race” type of discrimination; and the "go back to where you came from” variety of racism.

But Islam is one group of races the likes of which most Australians have not known before. A blood thirsty death loving "Our Way or Die" sort that will stop at nothing to rule the world.

Unless our politicians unite, wake up and legislate against this rampant carcinogen there will be no future in politics for their own children under an Islamic regime…

Islam is beyond racism – we are being invaded by a political movement disguised as a religion from god (Allah). This is a war we must win or forever submit to their heroes the likes of the Abubakars, Zarqawis, and Bin Ladens, and present our future generation with centuries of oppression and slavery as our legacy. Not to mention violence
Posted by coach, Saturday, 17 June 2006 5:41:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yay coach
History repeats itself. What's new?
Now what was the last religion that disguised a political movement?
Sauce for the goose, coach, sauce for the goose.
I believe your comments are just gonna make them (whoever them is, in your case of delusional psychosis, Islamists) back down and cry and want to hug us all. Everyone knows that fanatics respond to hatred with love, don't they?

odsoc
Posted by odsoc, Saturday, 17 June 2006 8:20:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you Strayan for your expose’ on Ghassan Hage.

Internationalist humanitarians love to stereotype racists as stupid, ignorant, cretins whose poor level of intellect is unable to encompass the “superior” thinking of the humanitarians. It is amusing to realize that humanitarians who claim that “all men are equal”, most definitely do not believe in their own ideology.

My own stereotype of trendies is that most of them are young people who have been programmed by their preacher teachers to think on rigid lines, in the same way that the Nazi Party in Germany programmed the Hitler Youth to do the same. Fortunately, the difference is that the “social progressives” in democracies do not have full control over the media as they did in Germany, so most young people will grow out of their youthful idealism and one track thinking, sooner or later.

Those humanitarians who never appear to grow out of their evangelical, finger wagging mindset are an interesting bunch. I divide them into two groups also. The first appear group appear to be motivated by a compelling need to display their social and moral superiority over the rest of society. This is the reason why so many “humanitarian” posters on this site are so notably hostile to their opponents.

So many of them come onto this debate site with the apparent idea of “I will show these stupid oafs who are the smart ones around here” and they can get very angry and emotional when their ideological thinking is effectively countered by informed opponents. It can be hilarious to watch their posts become more disjointed and their language more insulting when they realize that their ego boosting exercise is not going to plan.

In the final group I would put people like Ghassan-Hage. These people have a vested interest in promoting the welfare of their own group, in Mr Hassan’s case that would be Muslims. So he wraps his self interest in the language of altruism in order to appeal to the useful fools who would happily destroy their own culture to promote their own feelings of self worth.
Posted by redneck, Sunday, 18 June 2006 6:39:57 AM
Redneck,

I think you are a bit confused about what thinking men are all equal actually means. To believe that all "men are equal" simply means that you respect the humanity in each of us in equal measure, not that you repsct their opinions, attitutes and actions equally.

One of the ways in which you show equal respect to people is by avoiding acting towards them in a prejudiced manner. Prejudiced means "prior to judgement", this refers to the application of certain categories to people just on the basis of their group membership or identity rather then on characteristics they actually possess.

So for example, you would assume that all blacks are dishonest rather than judging each individual's honesty on their individual merit. This is what is offensive about racism, the fact that people are not judged for what they actually do, but simply for who they are.

So if you understand what "respecting everybody as an equal" actually means you would know there is no incoherence in believing all men (and women) deserve equal respect as human beings and at the same time deplore racist attitutes, what you are condemning there is an unfair attitude and you are perfectly entitled to condemn that. You have exercised your judgement fairly and found you disapprove of a certain attitude and actions, precisely because they fail to repsct others equally.

But you still hold that all persons are equal, even the racist. This is shown by the fact that you still repsect the racists' rights, which they hold in virtue of their humanity. You show equal respect of them as persons, but condemn their attitude as unfair and unreasonable. To think that all persons are equal doesn't mean you have to like everything that they do and think or consider "it" of equal value.
Posted by Schmuck, Sunday, 18 June 2006 8:41:13 AM
One thing I find interesting, people supporting racist attitudes as "natural" tend to think of how they personally feel, that is, more confortable with people similar to themselves (and there is nothing wrong with that in itself) and then extend this to everybody else and suppose they must all feel the same.

Now, I have always found that one of the greatest pleasures in life for me has been to be around people who are different from me, different culture, religion, language or whatever. I really enjoy this experience very much, I find it stimulating and fun and interesting and I learn so much. I don't feel uncorfortable, quite the opposite.

I enjoy the company of people who share my same culture, too, of course, but I would find a fairly homogenous country quite boring frankly. And I know that many people share this same feeling.

So how do we reconcile this?
Posted by Schmuck, Sunday, 18 June 2006 8:56:11 AM
Shmucky

Racism has a number of faces. According to the dictionary it is

a) Treating people differently (usually negatively) on the basis of their race
b) The belief that your own race is superior and others are inferior.

Clearly 'b' is something all fair minded and educated people should take issue with.

"a" is not so straightforward. Some recent examples of "a" were during the Cronulla events.
1/ Muslim youth were said to feel they are superior to Anglo Aussies and they hated western values.
2/ Fringe but loud groups such as the Patriotic Youth Movement on the Anglo side expressed similar sentiments.

Sadly, most accusations of 'racist'in the media world wide were aimed at the Anglo Aussies with little reference to the causes/background to that particular event.

In Australia we are fortunate to have a blending of English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh among our founding fathers and mothers, along with many Northern Europeans many of whom were able to leave behind the historical 'bruises' enough to intermarry.

The intermarraige is the best thing to remove 'racist' ideas.

But at the same time, we should be encouraging new migrants to intermarry and allow themselves to become absorbed into the new 'Australian' identity, leaving behind tribal, ethnic,religious and historical animosity.

DEATH TO MULTICULTURALISM and all emphasis on 'DIFFERENCE' and 'POLARIZATION'!

At my gym, the owner is Anglo, his wife is Turkish, the manager is Armenian. The Turks committed genocide against Armenians, but here..... we can be a new people.

Staunch and rigid separatist/tribal/ethnic mentalities are doomed to repeat the mistakes and prejudices of 'the old country'.

Shaping a truly homogenous Australian identity should involve ACTIVELY teaching that marraige outside one's community is a good thing. The Lebanese community in particular could learn from this. (refer statistics)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 18 June 2006 9:38:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16