The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Racism is not simply black and white > Comments

Racism is not simply black and white : Comments

By Ghassan Hage, published 16/6/2006

Discrimination and bias can exist among minority groups too.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. All
rainer, again good work.

coach, yes the boy who kept crying wolf did get eaten but my recollection is that the rest of the villagers did not. If only real life was that simple.

As for what we can do. I'm undecided about how far progressed the "islamic threat" really is. The first step would seem to be to stop those within western society who are deliberately provoking muslims for their own interests. As I have said repeatedly there appears to be a group of you who are determined to bring on conflict by continual attacks on all muslims. That in my view marginalises moderate muslims from mainstream society and is likely to lead to an increase in extremism. What I don't know is if the harm from that campaign can be reversed or if we are to late.

My belief in the benefits of secular/pluralist democracy is such that I think that given a chance it will win over most moderates. The rising level of conflict is an artifact of the continued provocation by extremists on all sides rather than a preference of most of us.

One thing I do not want to do is surrender the basic values and freedoms of our society in response to a conflict created by those opposed to those values and freedoms.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 11 July 2006 9:14:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rainier,

blah, blah, blah,...[author unkmown]

RObert.

Unfortunately in the case of Islam, the whole village did and does get eaten by the wolf... dressed in cheep.

The depth of understanding that you have about Islam is (like most Australians) very shallow. You still view Islam as "moderate' and "extremist" - and that my friend is the biggest lie the islamic propaganda (aided by some politicians) want you to believe.

The best way to describe islam is like a marching army. In the front you have the articulate "moderate" leaders who confuse the issues so average oz. will not see the real damage done by the followers the foot soldiers.

Make no mistake ; Islam is not secular nor is it democratic. It is theocratic. It will remove all your freedoms you now cherish. Islam has no interest in multiculturalism either. It's Islam first and last. All others can go to hell or convert and submit to Allah. Mark my word or even better do some unbiased research.

As for your solution - please try to see the forest from the trees. Attacking people like me is exactly what the islamic movement wants. They are real pros when it comes to cry victim and smoke screening their enemy (you and me). They will NOT stop until Australia is under a predominantly Islamic regime.

We are all at risk - Islam does not discriminate or tolerate "others". Jihad (by terror or ruse) is the only game they must play to change a country from Dar al Harb (house of war or Jihad) into Dar al Islam (house of Islam).

It will be a smooth transition or a bumpy ride...

So, your solution?
Posted by coach, Tuesday, 11 July 2006 10:31:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Coach, so when will you be leaving Australia?
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 11 July 2006 12:20:25 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rainier, good question and great quotes on previous post.

What I'd like to know is just where Coach thinks he will be safe from all of us atheists, agnostics, muslims, buddhists, hindus, pagans, blacks, whites, asians, jews, maoris, humanists, any one else and worst of all; other christians who do not take the bible so literally and who do accept people of other faiths and beliefs.

Cheers m'dears :-)
Posted by Scout, Wednesday, 12 July 2006 11:53:12 AM
There is an old saying (for all you outcasts out there): "I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."

Rainer: I am too funny (looking that is). Lighten up.

Boaz: Woof, woof. Chill out.

Redneck: If being white, like you, means I'm superior,
I wanna be blue and inferior.
I see Redneck et el hates the PC crew,
think I'll write a peace song just for you." Redneck is more PC within the Redneck community than the nicest Democrat will ever be. Stop parroting others nonsense.

Gabba, Gabba, Hey. Pouge Mahone to the lot of youse.

Always yours, Rancitas.
Posted by rancitas, Wednesday, 12 July 2006 12:21:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OI!
Oi!
Posted by rancitas, Wednesday, 12 July 2006 12:31:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy