The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Racism is not simply black and white > Comments

Racism is not simply black and white : Comments

By Ghassan Hage, published 16/6/2006

Discrimination and bias can exist among minority groups too.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All
“Along with the division of people as good and bad lies a common anti-racist conception of racism as always white. This is also far from the truth: everybody can be racist. White people of a European background do not have a monopoly on racist beliefs and attitudes; it is a feature of all cultures.”

Some of us have always known this, but are howled down – mainly by lily-white, left ratbags who love to hate themselves and their own kind.

We whites have certainly had the upper hand and have, of course, looked bad to people who have felt oppressed and powerless. But, thanks to the lily-whites mentioned above, who feel guilt and have over-reacted by shrieking for multiculturalism and the introduction of just about every culture on earth to Australia, the tide will turn, and they, along with people they call ‘racist’, will suffer. The boot will be on the other foot, and the shrinking Anglo/Saxon/Celtic community will feel what it is like to be subjected to racism.

An excellent article which will probably be ignored by most. For my part, I am very glad that I’ll be long dead and cremated before the demographic and social structure of Australia changes. Good luck to you young lefties and your offspring (if you are around long enough to have any.) You are going to need it!
Posted by Leigh, Friday, 16 June 2006 11:33:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AT LAST.....but we want MORE...

The most blatant example of racism during the Cronulla events was:

a) The loony white supremacists who made blanket condemnation of all 'wogs and lebs'
b) The attitude explained by a Muslim counsellor on National TV that the Lebanese Muslims regarded themselves as 'Superior' to Australians of anglo background and that they 'hated' western values in general.

What irritates me no end is the taking up of JUST the loony white supremacist mantra by the media and their generalization of its applicability to ALL Anglo Aussies who were present on the day of Cronulla.

I hope the author will seek to further express his disgust at such things as the London protests against Denmark. He should condemn these outrages as straight from the pit of hell.

"We will kill you and take your wives as war booty"

Just like the Lebanese youth who screamed "We are going to F**K your mothers" during Cronulla.

and numerous other statements yelled out by MANY 1000s of Muslims in chants where they all echoed the call of the leader.
The "Emporer" of Britain should take all these people out to a remote place and execute them forthwith !...

LOOK and LEARN from this video.. then ask yourselves, "Are any like these in Australia" ? of COURSE there are... many many of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axgxyrBB31Y

and just to refresh everyones memory of how THOSE people will act if let run free .. here is the attack on Steve at Maroubra...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3NJNQ67CWA

The police KNOW that one Ahmed jajia was with them, he is the one who 'protected' Steve AFTER he had his arm broken by an iron bar from the 30+ who attacked him.

Jajieh KNOWS those people. WHY would they stop when HE told them ? if not him having some 'status' among the group ?
Does he not know the 'driver' of the car he came in ? or HIS passengers if he drove ?

HOW MANY of these people have been arrested and charged ?
UNTIL THEY ARE CHARGED and CONVICTED... there will be no peace...ever.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 16 June 2006 12:26:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gassan, good article.

I did find myself cringing at "But the idea of equalising between the Cronulla riots and Lebanese racism is equally ridiculous, when it is not simply mischievous.", and the apparent suggestion that the actions of a crowd on one day is somehow far worse than what appears to be a systematic campaign of extreme racist behaviour by a group of thugs over a number of years (let alone the retailiation against people who were no where near Cronulla that day).

The protest turned racist but I do believe that for most what was at it's heart was not a hatred of people who look different but a rejection of a particular community based on the actions of members of that community (and the apparent indifference by the leaders of that community to those actions).

From what I've understood of the issue the crowd at Cronulla that day consisted of a large number of people fed up with systematic abuse dished out at the hands of thugs who the authorities and community leaders appeared to be unwilling to deal with and a small number of dead set racists. There is a lesson for us all in how such a protest can be turned into something really ugly but nothing I've see of the issue gives me reason to believe that it got anywhere near as ugly as the racist behaviour of the gangs that led up to the protest/riot and followed it. Nor of the racist behaviour of those community leaders who have continued to whitewash the gangs actions since that event.

Cronulla was a sad moment in this nations history but may well be repeated while some continue to believe that it was a greater offence than the events that lead up to and followed it.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Friday, 16 June 2006 12:29:33 PM
Leigh, I don't know what article you've just read, but Ghassan Hage is the biggest anti-racist lefty I know:

But if you liked this article Leigh, you'll love his other work. Take the time to read it, seriously:

http://elecpress.monash.edu.au/pnp/free/pnpv7n1/v7n1_4hage.pdf

http://www-personal.arts.usyd.edu.au/ghahagea/Ghassan_files/APN_9_small.jpg

http://www-personal.arts.usyd.edu.au/ghahagea/Ghassan_files/White%20Nation%20cover%20jpeg
Posted by strayan, Friday, 16 June 2006 2:14:36 PM
BOAZ_David writes... "The most blatant example of racism during the Cronulla events was..."

Why is it some kind of competition?

BOAZ_David writes... "I hope the author will seek to further express his disgust at such things as the London protests against Denmark. He should condemn these outrages as straight from the pit of hell."

Why does he need to condemn it?
Posted by strayan, Friday, 16 June 2006 2:21:59 PM
Regarding Mr Jajieh

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/how-one-man-defied-a-cronulla-mob/2006/01/21/1137734189862.html
He was present at the Punchbowl park meeting, decided to follow on independantly due to concern over people getting killed, and arrived in time to see Steve being beaten, whereupon he claims he stepped out of his car, and sought to protect Steve.

My other post gave a suggestion of direct involvement. (based on available information,which has now been added to)

He did try to protect Steve. Well done ! I'd be most happy to return the favor if Ahmed was in trouble by either Anglo's or Lebs.

Now, can we have the same attitude of protection and civic responsibility taken a step further, by naming some of the major perpetrators ?

Which is worse, the shame of seeing members of your community do this; or the shame of knowing who they are and not saying anything ?

If any seek your harm, call the police. That's what they are always telling us to do, "Don't take the law into your own hands" they say....and they wonder why people DO consider alternatives for their own safety.

There are many unanswered questions about all this.

Why doesn't Ahmed join the forum and help us out here ?

My posts in relation to this issue must seem a bit hysterical at times, and surely they are. That's how deep the wound goes and I come from Melbourne.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 16 June 2006 2:31:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy