The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Give ‘babe’ some wriggle room > Comments

Give ‘babe’ some wriggle room : Comments

By Mirko Bagaric, published 9/5/2006

We are camped somewhere near the base of the moral mountain when it comes to pig farming.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. 28
  11. All
ROFL - well if that isnt a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black!

Always has to be a whipping boy on these threads doesnt there ...
Posted by PF, Monday, 27 November 2006 6:21:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PF, very good point! I think that even pale would have had
to laugh at her own last post :)
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 27 November 2006 8:08:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby states,

"I tend to point out rubbish and contradictions'..therein lies your arrogance and negative position on this and every other thread, you do not respect the right of other people to have a veiwpoint, right or wrong, unless its in line with yours, having said that it never is it seems.

Who are you to be the keeper of whats right and wrong on here.Surely if you state your veiwpoint and resist the urge to discredit others, that would speak for itself.

Change other peoples minds with the fact and sound logical arguements, instead of redicule.

Can you manage that?

You are a low key stirrer and its wearing thin with a lot of people.
Posted by holyshadow, Monday, 27 November 2006 10:20:11 AM
Holyshadow, you were clearly never a member of your school
debating team I suggest that you do a google search to
find out what debate is all about. It is essentially
a contest of argumentative skill, where people are
encouraged to analyse complex issues, reason from their
evidence, listen to others arguments and refute them
logically.

Debate is not about having a housewives coffee club,
where everybody tells everybody else, how they feel.

On the question of live exports, I am clearly
diamatetrically opposed to the views of all the rest,
thats fine, I will put make my arguments based on
solid evidence. What you or anyone else thinks of me,
I really don't care about.

For some reason the animal welfare threads attract alot
of people who wear their hearts on their sleeves. Its all
about what they feel and how they feel, not about reasoned
thought. That makes good debate extremely difficult.

On the other hand we have somebody like PF, who is clearly
intelligent and who can look at both sides of an argument
and think about the issues from various perspectives,
much to her credit. I can amicably agree to disagree with
her on some points, agree on others. So far all I've
had from you in comparison, is one big bitchfest about
how you feel. Why can't you think more rationally, as
PF clearly can?
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 27 November 2006 3:20:07 PM
I hate to state the obvious here but Yabby..why dont you and PF tie the knot sometime soon .Then you can give it a break!! 'It' being the nauseating and embarrassing suck job you do on her on a daily basis.

Pf is not so shallow and disagreeable as aperson that she requires constant soothing and embalming of her ego is she?

That would make her exhausting and very high maitanence as a friend/partner.

And yabby I want you to explain ' the holy grail of creek fed' for me.

I am most interested in what exactly that is.

Since you are so deriding of another poster on here on this same subject, was that Farmer or Ozgirl?..your 'bullsh it radar' kind of got a bit befuddled..I thought you were so astute in your suspicions?

Oh and I did ask you to prove your assertion that you ARE IN ACTUAL FACT a farmer. Can you..are you sure your not an a pretend farmer?

How can you prove it?
Posted by holyshadow, Monday, 27 November 2006 3:44:22 PM
Yabby, I think the terminology you were looking for above (last night) was "economies of scale" vs "economies of size" - in order to be credible with your arguments, you need to know the difference (i.e. understand the simple economics).
The economic rationalism behind live exports is dead simple too - the government uses taxpayers funds to prop up the industry by waiving AQIS fees which it charges local processors. Furthermore, state government contribute as well because there is no payroll tax, and other expenses like OH&S. THAT is why exporters pay more (if indeed they do) - they do not face the government's expenses as local industry/ies do.
There seem to be some people here who have brought issues from elsewhere (other threads?) to this post. Let's get over it and move on - leave the bickering out and stick with the issue at hand.
Nicky.
Posted by Nicky, Monday, 27 November 2006 7:16:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. 28
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy