The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Musings on Easter > Comments

Musings on Easter : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 18/4/2006

If we want to be Christ-like, we should make time for the saints of our era, whomever they may be.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Patty,

Not so fast sister, urr... lady, person, mam, whatever..., Jesus was a carpenter same as most builders in Australia are carpenters by trade and contractors by title etc...it does not mean they cannot work with brick, stone, or any other kind of material.

But all this is immaterial to you and to all of us. This was just his day job and not His mission on earth. He is more, much more than that. Why are you so afraid of accepting The Truth?

God, your creator sent His son Jesus to reconcile you to Him and initiate that special relationship you so much elude to. It is not what you make of God but what He has done for you.

Your version of spirituality is not going to take you to that relationship. Your ego is restricting you from developing to the next level.
Posted by coach, Wednesday, 26 April 2006 5:03:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My relationship with my creator, is, my relationship with my creator. Why are you so concerned. Do you get a commission when someone comes to Jesus?

Coach, you sound like every other tired repeater of the same old story.

How about a new twist? I got to give Philo points for originality.

How about you make an attempt at thinking for yourself. You got any personal "come to Jesus stories you'd like to share." You want to give me some inspiration. Give me something, something I haven't heard a thousand times before.

Is that all you got?

No wonder, religion has seen better days.
Posted by Patty Jr. Satanic Feminist, Wednesday, 26 April 2006 5:51:26 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wishful thinking Satanic Feminist but you're off with the fairies. Is that why 20% of the many thousands converting last year in France were from atheism?
Posted by Francis, Wednesday, 26 April 2006 6:35:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was scared this forum would be overrun by the love-children of professional evangelist Josh McDowell. Still at least some people haven't missed the point.
Posted by Irfan, Wednesday, 26 April 2006 9:14:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Patty,

>>My relationship with my creator, is, my relationship with my creator. Why are you so concerned. Do you get a commission when someone comes to Jesus?<<

How can you have a “relationship” with your creator and bi-pass Jesus? Are we talking about the same God here?

Unfortunately it is the one and only old story my dear – if you are waiting for the big parade and the cheering girls you’ll be waiting and waiting...

If it’s religion you are after – sorry wrong number – I was talking about salvation, your free ticket to an eternity out of hell. Or are you so spiritually atrophied and brain numb that hell doesn’t scare you anymore?

You came here obviously seeking attention – this could be your last wakeup call. Come on board – drop your glass shield – you can’t hide from God.

Unless you have a better scheme that you would like to share with the rest of us mortals, I don’t know why you are so evasive from the truth?

Irfan,

Could it be possible that some of us didn't pinpoint your “point” so we decided to improvise.
Posted by coach, Wednesday, 26 April 2006 10:24:01 PM
Honored that Irfan chose to join us. I recall a Bible story about a man who brought some radical ideas to the world. He was killed for those ideas.

My creator, my God, my Hell. I chose not to live life based on fear. It is unfortunate that Coach chooses to inspire fear in order to convince me that I'm missing the boat to heaven.

What I hear most from people who are proselytizing is the same old Bible rhetoric that they have heard or read all their lives and then they repeat that rhetoric in an effort to convince someone that they are missing Jesus in their lives. You know what, I'd rather hear about your personal experience with Jesus. How about a personal miracle or two. You got anything like that?

People Like Francis and even Coach are not content to let others live, comforted in the knowledge that it is Gods job to judge me. That's right, if you people really believe what you say you believe, then it's between me and God. I can live with that. Can you?
Posted by Patty Jr. Satanic Feminist, Friday, 28 April 2006 2:37:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy