The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sharing the true values of Sharia > Comments

Sharing the true values of Sharia : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 10/3/2006

Sharia without Sufism distorts perceptions of Islam and is destroying it from within.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 15
  14. 16
  15. 17
  16. All
Western countries have committed many wrongs in the past, but that is no reason to ignore the dangers that widespread militant Islam presents. Issues like treatment of indigenous pples are recognised and are going a ways to being redressed in most Western countries.

Islam and its supporters need to likewise and admit the faults of its own culture and attempt to rectify them. But its proponents don't have the stomach for that, so they point their fingers at others. Point is, we can't let guilt from past wrongs overcome the need to address these serious issues. Ignore Irfan and his straw man.
Posted by Sebby259, Monday, 13 March 2006 6:47:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Carniflex

Ifran just showed Ben some islamic xenaphobia loud and clear.
Posted by meredith, Monday, 13 March 2006 8:48:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
irfan

You were born in Australia. Thus, your claims about Anglos were in the lifetime of you and your parents.

Did you parents or the early Lebanese people who came to this country fight the World Wars for this country -including Vietnam?
Posted by kalweb, Monday, 13 March 2006 10:49:02 PM
kalweb says did your parents or grandparents fight in WW's etc and that Lebanese migrants would not have. Most would be too young to have done so and migrants were generally running away from these conflicts so in a sense fighting wars was part of the process of bringing migrants to Australia as Aussie diggers and Australia were helping to fight the oppression of fascists and communists like Stalin and Hitler,Poll Pot etc. These fascists murderers had nationalist racist policies which white supremicists emulate. I am sure the diggers were not fighting for those those horrendous policies and acts of violence, they were fighting against them so i don't understand why the white supremos identify with Wars and diggers etc, it is only because they relate to violence. My uncles who are now in the sixties or dead took part in some of the wars and I am not a xenophobic racist. Fighting for Australia in wars does not qualify racism unless you are Hitler, Stalin or Milosovich and we all know how they ended up.
Posted by MzzDemeanor, Monday, 13 March 2006 11:07:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
but really what has islam done for us?
Posted by meredith, Monday, 13 March 2006 11:20:26 PM
Meredith,

'what has islam done for us'

A Life of Brian moment here.

Well, nothing for the roads, education, controlling crime, wine, sanitation.

I think islam will one day show us just how, despite it's faults that Western civilisation is the best of the bunch. One day we will stop hating ourselves and make a stand, islam worked for me in this way.

Thanks islam!

'Ifran just showed Ben some islamic xenaphobia'

That was typical Irfan. He never answers directly, just prattles on about atrocities against the Kooris. He uses it as a tactic to stifle debate. In the process he actually trivialises their suffering in the same way he trivialises all the suffering of the victims of the nazis by describing all those who disagree with him so.

By the way Irf....

'How can i expect a people who engage in historical revisionism of indigenous Australia's treatment by european settlers to face the honest facts about the faith and values of another people?'

How can I expect people who believe in the rantings of a long dead murdering paedophile to face the honest facts about the failings of their own religion?

Like your ideology Irf, you never cease to amaze me
Posted by CARNIFEX, Tuesday, 14 March 2006 4:49:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...