The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sexing up stories about those 'evil Arabs' > Comments

Sexing up stories about those 'evil Arabs' : Comments

By Joseph Wakim, published 15/3/2006

Tim Priest capitalises on the fear factor - aiding, abetting and profiting from Australia's Arab-phobia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. 29
  13. All
So Mike M sees any disagreement about his fantasy of a peaceful religion as the mindless rambling of racist bigots? seems Mike is just another diseased lefto who thinks this 'muslim problem' is caused by unfair socio economic factors, rather than the plan bad values and bad choices of the group in question. Yes, there's no law against free speech, would Mike like it otherwise?
Posted by Gitmo Guy, Thursday, 16 March 2006 7:15:28 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't know if Tim Priest's claims were lies. Having someone disagree with your account of events is hardly automatic evidence that you lied, especially if they are part of an organisation you are criticising.

What I DO know is that he was right. The cronulla riots proved his main points.

Another real question is why the SMH felt the need to try and dig this stuff up?
Posted by Alan Grey, Thursday, 16 March 2006 7:44:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay, you need to search through some of the old Newspapers printed in Western World Countries during the nineteen thirtys, the majority of letters to the Editor were full of racist statements ,not unlike those you are fond of posting, the difference is, in the nineteen thirtys, it was Jews that were been kicked around by the local bigots, Hitler would have been comforted, by those letter writers, today it is people like Arjay who have a little knowledge of how Muslims live, who get enjoyment out of stiring up hatred, is in not time to stir up the truth, you need to grow up, while you write unfreindly posts a friendly army the Iraqi army are rounding up Sunni,s for execution, and our good friends the Americans are handing over prisoners who will have a bullet lodged in their head before the next day breaks, another fifty or so will have been shot because they were not members of the same God Club, those old letters would not be allowed to be published today because they were anti Jewish, so why do we say we have freedom of the press to write anti islamic propaganda, you tell me what has changed, maybe we have too many racists in positions of power,
Posted by mangotreeone1, Thursday, 16 March 2006 1:02:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do you notice that all the "prominent" Muslims, such as Irfan, Wakim, and others, have so wimpishly disappeared from the discussion on this forum?

Only when they can see that ample support is coming from their fellow travelers, i.e., the multiculturalists, and the center-left liberals, do they dare to come out and defend their position. Otherwise, like the real cowards they are, they desert the "field of battle".

Go to my blog for more: http://congeorgekotzabasis.blogspot.com
Posted by Themistocles, Thursday, 16 March 2006 1:21:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Redneck,
"Creatures" like me are delighted to hear you say that the Asian problem in Cabramatta has now officially been resolved.
It's a bit unfair however,to put Tim's integrity on a par with Mr "cash-for-comment/public toilet lurking" Jones.
I suspect now even Mr Jones has taken a step back since the allegations of lies have surfaced.

Nevertheless, The way I recall it is that Jones campaigned to get rid of Whelan and have him replaced by
Costa (after only 17 days in Parliament). Jones was privately promoting Costa as the next Premier and was
demonstrating his personal influence on the NSW government.

Yes, Costa did appoint Priest as his personal advisor on the Cabramatta situation.
However, at a secret meeting at Jones' home, the "gang-of-three" (Costa, Priest & Basham) actively conspired to
dump Ryan. Regardless of whether Ryan's departure was right or wrong, it's the process that alarms me.

The question remains - after all the rhetoric and incitement, what has really changed in Cabramatta or in the NSW Police Force?
Does the end always justify the means?
Is political corruption OK if you get what you want?

I guess I'll be among the first up against the wall when your neo-fascist Revolution comes along but despite all your diatribes in all
your posts, I am yet to see anything constructive.

It seems to me you just as much an extremist as those you so gleefully target.

I usually enjoy stirring your type up but it's just getting too easy these days.
Posted by wobbles, Thursday, 16 March 2006 2:27:30 PM
"Well what if I sang the praises of Nazism? Yes the left would go insane with rage!"

Without actually mentioning it by name it appears by this sort of comment;
"Our free thinking society find the Muslim system repulsive to our belief system and yes,we should be allowed to express it!"

That you are coming quite close to the shining example of the famous fuhrer.

Tarring an entire group of people for the excesses of a few is not really the right way of solving the problem. Having a good go at the muslim population in general will not make people want to sit up and have a look at themselves and their "beliefs" as a whole or their notion of community. If you are being attacked you are more likely to fight back rather than be objective.

Always playing the race card and "why don't Australians like us" card while encouraging "the short skirts ask for it" mentality does nothing to help the cause either. Neither does keeping up the appearances of harbouring the thugs responsible for the revenge attacks at Cronulla. Such a "tight knit community" and no one knows anything? Hard to believe. Stop whingeing and become more pro active.

Just an aside,I have seen quite a few published comments from Anglo judges, lawyers and the like about young rape victims and what they were wearing, do we say that all Anglo people think certain outfits means she is asking for it? No I didn't think so, plank and eye people!
Posted by Nita, Thursday, 16 March 2006 3:26:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. 29