The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sexing up stories about those 'evil Arabs' > Comments

Sexing up stories about those 'evil Arabs' : Comments

By Joseph Wakim, published 15/3/2006

Tim Priest capitalises on the fear factor - aiding, abetting and profiting from Australia's Arab-phobia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. 27
  9. Page 28
  10. 29
  11. All
Yeah, read my previous post, Kay, to get an answer:

<Philo

You raised some good points in your last post about Lebanese young males. I have worked with Christian Lebanese young people and have found them to be impeccable in their behaviour.

Why do you think that Lebanese young males who are of the Muslim faith generally behave in such awful gang-like ways? ….
Cheers
Kay

Posted by kalweb, Sunday, 9 April 2006 7:10:03 PM>

They have NO opportunities in a land of xenophobs but some job in a family shop if any.

Would it make anyone better?
Posted by MichaelK., Monday, 10 April 2006 12:13:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
MikeM,
In the 1950 - 1960s we had thousands of "wogs" enter Australian society with their excessive decorated cars and homes painted purple. They did not have welfare but they dug the land and planted gardens, built up the Markets and fed the popolation of Sydney. Today they are the upper- middle class. They suffered the racial abuse but it was the abuse that gave them determination to change their image and status. They did! They were mainly nominal Catholics and their faith gave them pride in themselves. They soon learned to laugh at themselves. Hense the Enmore Theatre productions.
Posted by Philo, Monday, 10 April 2006 7:03:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
MichaelK

Give me a break mate. Of course young Lebanese males have opportunity in this country. They have the same opportunities as anyone esle. If they want to work they can. And like their white Aussie dole bludging counterparts, they probably do not want to work, and prefer a welfare lifestyle.

Young Lebanese Muslim males are not all dole bludgers, just as all young white Aussie males are not dole bludgers. To say so of either group is a nonsense.

Even so, I wonder how they can afford their highly expensive cars and sound systems if/when they are the dole?

Cheers
Kay
Posted by kalweb, Monday, 10 April 2006 7:42:09 PM
A support new was introduced in 1943 that is why one could only be wondering why cheap slaves from post-war Europe, still barely speaking elementary English nowadays if still alive, were not paid at the time. And, predominantly, their professional levels hardly fit any professional category in their countries – read statistics, Philo.

Speaking of luxury cars of young Lebanese could eventually recall vehicles of young Chinese-descent guys: maybe, tickets to Australia are of a price not everyone can afford?

Please, talk anything you please of Australian opportunities and dole-blungers: I am starting no migration process at the Australian embassy somewhere on a globe these days and need no propaganda to be lured into.
Posted by MichaelK., Tuesday, 11 April 2006 12:52:36 PM
Michaelk what a cop out.Lebanese people have have ample opportunities here.Some are just disabled by their religious beliefs and genetic disabilities.

I know Chinese people who will work 7 days a week 12 hrs a day at menial chores and be more successful economically than many of our so called educated professionals.

Let's cut to the chase,it's about discipline,determination and education.How can you be enlightened and educated when your Muslim philosophy teaches you to be envious,hateful and ignorant of different philosophies that are far more successful than your own?
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 24 April 2006 9:38:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
MY "Muslim philosophy", Arjay?

I am educated and delighted, and I am experience in Australian reality that what makes me see a little difference of treatment of non-Christian/non-Anglo-Saxons (Anglo-Celts as many prefer writing around) in Australia. If this is an equity and happiness - you make me laughing: “I know Chinese people who will work 7 days a week 12 hrs a day at menial chores and be more successful economically than many of our so called educated professionals.” Are THEY happy for being upon generations accustomed to TAKE AWAY family business factually? Not those people I know.
Posted by MichaelK., Wednesday, 26 April 2006 6:45:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. 27
  9. Page 28
  10. 29
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy