The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Osama bin Laden: He's back ... > Comments

Osama bin Laden: He's back ... : Comments

By Brad Berner, published 31/1/2006

Brad Berner gives an explanation to the meaning of the latest announcement from Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All
Hi all

Albie Manton in Darwin (post 8:04:26 PM 1/2/06)

Sure there are some things that I don't like about RUMSFELD, CHENEY & GWB. But they aren't the focus of this post. I can accept that the Saudi Royal family deserves some criticism too. But would anyone seek Osama as the president of Saudi Arabia &/or the USA concurrently. How about we give him Australia to govern? Surely the world would be worse off?

That 600 command more wealth than 200-million is a tragedy, & certainly an inequity. But look to where the affluence of any nation is equally shared & one finds political regimes of oppression. The assumption that all humans can "manage" wealth competently is to ignore the inherent skills of the individual, & indeed their motivations & ideals. Isn't it interesting how those who win huge gambling windfalls are often "broke" within years?

Are you a cohort of Tony PITT, Terry WORTHING & others? Mind you, I agree with you over Martin BRYANT: I was amongst the top-30 shooters in Australia with a score of 584 out of 600 & I couldn't have achieved a 1:1.66 kill ratio attributed to BRYANT using an AR 15 at a 12' distance shooting from the hip with the wrong hand - BRYANT is a left-hander. If the prerequisite to accuracy is mental instability & no experience - BRYANT only every fired about 20 shots from an air-rifle - then all we need in our ADF are psychotics on Prozac. They'll out-shoot any terrorist. But this posting's intent isn't to prove or disprove "conspiracy theories".

I also think that we need to question our government. But finding a road to democracy & peaceful co-existence in the Islamic culture & with Muslims has proven to be the most challenging peace initiative on earth since 524AD. Bin LADEN, according to his own family, epitomises the worst of what is practised by his fellow Wahhabists.

Maybe the world needs to ask, "Is democracy for everyone?" & act accordingly. That may mean that certain cultures & beliefs require the possibility of segregation?
(1/2/06)

Cheers all
Posted by LittleAgreeableBuddy, Friday, 10 February 2006 10:10:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi all

.... [continued from my 9:29:21 PM 6/2/06 post to Human_Being]

“Jabir heard the Prophet say: A Muslim is he from whose hand & tongue the Muslims are safe.” Sahih Muslim, Hadith # 14. That says much about the covert nature of Islam - unfortunately. It doesn't say: ".. from whose hand & tongue all mankind is safe - especially those who don't believe in Islam."

Human_Being, I believe that you are a decent individual. I don't doubt that you are really earnest in your endeavours, & I also think that we would "get along" if we met. I have similar discussions with Keysar TRAD, but we remain friends. We disagree, but we try to always do it respectfully.

Concerning your many other comments: I could spend a day refuting many of them with quoted references, giving page & line numbers. I do not see the value in that at this stage - maybe someone else might like to respond(?). However, it is probably sufficient to say that it is wise to continue dialogue.
(2/2/06)

Keith (post 1:44:26 PM 2/2/06)

Precisely. And that's why Islam has to be 'challenged'. Questions must be raised about the non-conciliatory aspects of its text, & especially where it is in conflict with itself. To not do so puts all non-Muslims at risk of persecution, because, unlike all other 'mainstream' religious text, where God (Yahweh) extracts His punishment upon the disobedient, the Qur'an calls for the followers of Islam to be the vengeful. That is the main but subtle difference which few people comprehend.

Is it any wonder that Osama/Usama bin LADEN acts as he does - given that he isn't a CIA 'plot' or an actor living in exile with Elvis & Santa Claus, just round the corner from Quintex's Christopher SKASE.
(2/2/06)

Cheers all
Posted by LittleAgreeableBuddy, Friday, 10 February 2006 10:17:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi all

This post has been quiet for nearly a month. Let's not forget Usama!

Tubley (post 6:23:49 PM 2/2/06)

Someone has previously mentioned that. You'll see that I've complied - I'd hate to mistakenly be called LittleArgumentativeBuddy.

Strange that GWB can't get his mouth around correct English - not that Americans speak it anyway. "Aggravate", which means "to make worse" in the place of "annoy" which means "to irritate". Even our Leyton HEWITT copies the drug-dealers of down-town LA - wearing his cap back-to-front (symbolically) telling everyone that he's a 'drug-dealer'.

Meanwhile shy Monica LEWINSKI didn't have any 'problem' getting her mouth around the appendage of a very silent Bill CLINTON. He later uttered the infamous words: "I did not have sex with that woman (Monica Lewinski)!" Pity that he lied to the American people about the 1996 & 1997 Budgets, too.

Is it any wonder poor old Usama hides in a cave to escape the depravity of the West?
(2/2/06)

TO: All
Something to lighten the 'load' (for us all) & considering the seriousness of this topic:
"Narrated Aisha: Allah's Apostle (Mohammad) heard a man reciting the Quran at night, & said, "May Allah bestow His mercy upon him of such & such verses of such & such Suras, which I was caused to forget." Vol 6 (Bukhari) Hadith # 558. [See also # 562.]
So, even Mohammad didn't remember what (supposedly) Allah revealed to him. What else did Mohammad forget? If Mohammad was far from 'perfect' then:
(1) why would Muslims want to follow a 'flawed' leader;
(2) how much 'less-perfect' must Usama be?
And:
"Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, 'If a house fly falls into the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (into the drink) because one wing has the disease & the other wing has the cure (for the disease).'." Vol 4 (Bukhari) Hadith # 537. [See also # 673.]
My Islamic 'cousins': send me your addresses - I'll start collecting flies for you. Could Usama be suffering from a 'fly' disease rather than insanity?

Cheers all
Posted by LittleAgreeableBuddy, Thursday, 2 March 2006 2:52:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy