The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Osama bin Laden: He's back ... > Comments

Osama bin Laden: He's back ... : Comments

By Brad Berner, published 31/1/2006

Brad Berner gives an explanation to the meaning of the latest announcement from Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
Dear Brad

Very topical & highly current.

Islam, as you probably know, says ".. do not falter & cry out for peace when you (will be ) the uppermost, .." Surah 47:35. There are other passages which suggest that Muslims may 'retreat' if they are overwhelmed. But the Qur'an & Ahadith also say that Muslims can lie to (1) reconcile 2 parties; (2) in jihad; (3) their wives. El Itidayah, Vol 4 p 81 & the "Muslim Doctrine of God" p 41 affirm this. I doubt that he will be frightened despite the Pakistani attacks. He will believe in Allah's 'victory' through his actions.

To a Muslim there appears no separation between the pragmatic and "religious or ideological considerations". Defensive? Has Osama ever acknowledged the commencement of hostilities by Mohammad from 624AD which resulted in about 124 wars led by the Mohammedans until 720AD. Those wars only predicated the centuries of atrocities since. Islam sees not separation between "the west" in secular format & that of the religious beliefs of Christianity & Judaism. Moreover, anything that isn't Islamic is "their enemy".

“An-Nasekh wa Al-Mansoukh” (abrogating & the abrogated text) doesn't require Islam to war the Infidels before attacking - Osama knows that; those who say otherwise are only platitudinous & seeking sympathy. Muslims killed as part of the collateral to war will go to "paradise" - except the women, because they are inferior in "intelligence", "religion" & "gratitude", Muslim recorded, "Amongst the inmates of Paradise the women would form the minority." Sahil MUSLIM, Kitab Al-Riqiq, chapter MCXL Hadith 6600.

In the sense of receiving worldwide empathy amongst the 'nominal' or 'moderate' Muslims, Osama has now met his commitment by his "olive tree" approach. But, let us who also study Islam not be fooled. He would attack without warning & in an inkling believing that Allah has sanctified his actions, & that he has conformed to the traditions of his prophet.

Keep up the good work & the focus upon this truly evil man.

Cheers
Posted by LittleAgreeableBuddy, Tuesday, 31 January 2006 10:30:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Little A Buddy,

Glad to see you started reading perverse African missionaries work. Al 'Nasekh Wal Mansooukh', authored by A H Gazali who died 1110 AD
was a theory developed in the time of war (ie the lovely peaceful crusades!). Very few muslims read or study anything more than the Quran itself. Lying is the 4th greatest sin in Islam after denying God's existence, being ungrateful to your parents or accusing an honest woman of adultery.

I can see from your posts that 'lying, deception and misrepresentation' are all good values in your faith.

Peace,
Posted by Fellow_Human, Tuesday, 31 January 2006 10:43:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A chilling warning we would not have received from our political classes who still don’t seem to be in tune with the real threat Islam poses to the West. I admit that, in my ignorance, I laughed at the idea of a terrorist offering to treat with the US. But he is just belatedly adhering to the ‘sporting’ requirements of Islam.

It’s all too easy to be lulled by the smooth tongues of ‘moderates’ who attempt to head us off from the nasty bits and show no inclination to address the problems with Islam and the fact that terrorists use the same Koran as they do.

How about it, Fellow Human? Can you put aside your shots about ‘one-source’ ‘experts’ and references to ‘nutbag’ imams and admit that there are serious problems with Islam which are not being addressed?

Please leave out the Old Testament and Christian fundamentalists. Christian fundamentalist ratbags don’t terrorise; they form political parties. I am not a Christian, but I don’t have any reason to fear them. Average Christians have worked out was is relevant to modern times and what is not.

Please also put aside the ‘my previous posts’ bit, and references to your website. Some of us would like to hear, here and now, what you as a supposedly ordinary Muslim and other ordinary Muslims have to say about the fact that the Koran has some pretty vicious stuff in it, and that this vicious stuff is being taught to millions of people by rote, because they are illiterate or don’t understand Arabic.

I have nothing against decent Muslims. I have probably been abrupt in this instance because, like many others, I have lost all patience with these decent Muslims who continually refuse to answer questions and who will only play the game by their rules, even in Australia where the law protects their right to free speech.
Posted by Leigh, Tuesday, 31 January 2006 12:12:01 PM
A few points

1/ LAB demonstrates that more and more of us are delving into the waters of "Islamic history" and finding material which, is a step toward understanding the deeper motivations of Islam and the higher echelons of the Muslim world.

2/ LEIGH notes the lack of threat from fundamentalist Christians, and rightly so, though I do warn Leigh, keep you eyes on anything to do with "Christian Reconstructionism" because it is just as lethal as the worst Sharia, and the movement IS seeking to impose its view via US economic and military power....

3/ The fact that Bin Laden is 'reaching out' to the Islamic world by seeking the 'correct procedure' is a sign that he is seeking to unite it in world Jihad.

4/ The raw emotion (Bin Ladin's fuel) is evident, with the Islamic world trying by violence and outrage to censor such things as the Danish cartoons and a willingness to demonstrate in Denmark itself.

5/ HAMAS is as yet an unknown quantity, the only real questions are :

a) Will they recant on their long standing policy of destruction of Israel and risk losing much of the support which put them in power ? (In order to continue receiving aid handouts) (The answer to this depends in part on how much of their vote was an 'anti corrupt Fatah' vote and how much was a 'destroy Israel' vote. Only time will tell.

b) Will they retain that "destroy Israel" policy ? and if so, will the EU,USA and Israel continue to deal with them or cut off aid completely. If so, where next?

CONLUSION: I highly doubt.. in fact I'm absolutely certain, that neither HAMAS or ISRAEL will ever, ever, ever and ever (except when hell freezes over)compromise on the status of Jerusalem, which is key to much of this conflict, duely underlined by the triumphal visit of Hamas to the Temple mount very quickly after the result was known.

So, we stand at a pivotal moment in world history. My other and more adventurous assessments on this are found in previous posts :
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 31 January 2006 12:46:29 PM
Leigh, if this is what you say about Islam, I'd hate to read your views about Judaism.
Posted by Irfan, Tuesday, 31 January 2006 1:01:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Brad - First (fact), correct spelling is Usama Bin Laden (contrary to popular belief). Second (opinion), I'm more afraid of George W. Bush than I am of Bin Laden (contrary to popular belief).
Posted by tubley, Tuesday, 31 January 2006 2:47:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy