The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Lost between war and peace, the Leb wild Westies > Comments

Lost between war and peace, the Leb wild Westies : Comments

By Joseph Wakim, published 20/12/2005

Joseph Wakim argues the more Lebanese youths are demonised, the more they are driven to the margins of Australian society.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. 14
  15. All
kalweb,

It unfortunately appears as though the poster Steve Madden has leukaemia. There are links in his profile to his blog, at which he expands on this.

To which the poster known as Rainier left the following comment:

"Thank god for chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. We won't have to suffer him much longer."

Which occurs at the middle of this thread somewhere.

For once I am speechless.

However, I offer my encouragement to Mr Madden and hope for the best for him.
Posted by Mr.P.Pig, Tuesday, 20 December 2005 11:34:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Joseph is just making excuses for very bad behaviour.

Some Lebanese youth,a minority,choose to live on the margins of society. The majority of Lebanese youth just want to live their lives in peace.
Posted by FRIEDRICH, Wednesday, 21 December 2005 5:50:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Joseph Wakim in an attempt to micro-scrutinize the Lebanese problem, has watered down even further spreading it into a transoceanic problem incorporating the US cultural influence, the ghetto mentality, transrelegious and so forth.

No attempt on his part to give room for personal responsibility.

After all the war is history now (1975-1990) some of these youngsters were born here well after and most have never been to Lebanon.

The baby-sitting mentality continues. It seems we are far away from imposing law and order on these poor "infants".
Posted by coach, Wednesday, 21 December 2005 6:35:05 AM
Again Joseph Wakim shows us just why this problem will not go easily go away. Not only do we have most of the muslim community against us by default, through racism and tribalism, we also have the left, who own all of the universities and the media, but they actually think the opposite.

"But it is far from the truth. These parents fled to Australia because they chose peace, not war, because they did not want to raise their children in a climate of fear and oppression."

If this were really true, like it is for many other WWII Europeans who came to Australia for peace, then why did the muslim Lebanese community establish one of Sydney's largest crime centres? Why is it that when I add all the figures of all the most heinous crimes in the demographic zones where their community is, as well as the Vietnamese/Cambodian community, and when I listen to various people in-the-know such as Peter Ryan(when he was police commissioner), the impression I get is that most violent, gang, organised crime in Sydney is committed by less than 10% of the population(the Lebanese muslims and the Vietnamese). I don't see any other ethnic groups forming crime markets and eating the nations welfare.
How can anything possibly justify the hundreds of gang rapes(check with the police before you criticize me) and bashings, even murders that have occurred on innocent Australians over the years, just for admitting that they were skips?
Everyone gets called names at school, especially the white kids at southwest Sydney schools where whites are the minority, but to top it off, the white kids get bashed by up to 30 thugs if they dare fight back. In many cases, kids have been forced out of the state for fear of their lives just for protecting girls from harassment.

Did anybody hear about the principle at Punchbowl Boys High, who sued the government for his treatment by muslim thugs, one even holding a gun to his head. I wonder how many similar stories there are like this that get politically silenced?
Posted by Matthew S, Wednesday, 21 December 2005 7:02:43 AM
"Their dream was the same as most Australians: their own home, security and family. Their fear was that their children would be corrupted by aspects of an overly permissive and promiscuous Australian culture. Their response was over-protectiveness, which perhaps fostered a more rebellious attitude in their young."

You mean that their fear was that they would be corrupted by what they see as "a slut culture", an uneducated, racist way of describing an open, free, non-police-state culture. The problem is that they come from a place where it is like a jungle, the stronger criminal/killer controls with fear until he is killed and replaced. In such societies there is no open, rational debate, which is why they should even more appreciate the freedoms we have here in Australia but they can't see past their little muslim/anti-western noses, and their parents ought to feel extreme shame for that, robbing their children of a decent future by filling them up with old hates, making it impossible for them to even slightly respect or even tolerate others, let alone authority.

It makes me furious when such an out-of-character event like the Cronulla protest happens for the most legitimate reasons possible, it gets ignored and shouted down by the left, with their little racist ethnic pets(like Keysar Trad) beside them, spitefully throwing rocks from behind their left-wing "power givers". Why don't they actually go and live in Cabramatta or Telopia street, and don't travel around by car, walk, get the train or bus to work, enrol your kids(especially your daughters) at the local Punchbowl High or Cabramatta/Heroin High. Do this for a year or two and then get back to me. These left-wing people have a hide to call the Central Coast the "white flight" as though they are all a bunch of rednecks who left Southwestern Sydney simply because they are intolerant, not because they were sick of living in fear of being killed for looking the wrong way at a bunch of ethnic cowards, or having their kids get on now-since-1975-Vietnam-migrants-very-cheap-heroin, or their daughters gang raped by a culture of peadophiles.
Posted by Matthew S, Wednesday, 21 December 2005 7:17:31 AM
The Author of this article and many posters here are falling into the usual populist-cultural trap of labelling.

Only when people behave as individuals and accept responsibility for their conduct and respect other individuals will the process move foreward.

Whilst the Author labels people into ethnic groups and makes apologetic excuses for criminal behaviour, the problem of racist violence will perpetuate.

As for the "Lebanese" or any other ethnic minority or majority - lets get this straight

No section of the Australian Community is above the law.
No one person or group of people are immune from prosecution.

Criminal conduct deserves criminal prosecution and possibly gaol.

Now all we need to do is get the judiciary and the politicians to actually support the police and enforce appropriate penalties for obnoxious behaviour, instead of following the "appeasement" trail which has brought us to the state we are now in.

Remember - "appeasement"? - it did not work for Chamberlain and it will not work for Australia.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 21 December 2005 8:11:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 12