The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A Lebanese 'problem'? > Comments

A Lebanese 'problem'? : Comments

By Tanveer Ahmed, published 15/12/2005

Tanveer Ahmed argues there is a specific segment of the Lebanese community in Sydney causing the unrest.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. Page 24
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. All
Almanac..well done... ur learnin :)

All we need to do now is knock off a bit of that intellectual arrogance (grin) and chanel it into some positive well balanced views about
-immigration and Assimilaton
-a peoples bank,
-protection against outsourcing hi as well as low tech jobs to Asia,
-selective tarrifs against countries which exploit labor with dictatorial harshness and artificially low wages,
-and burn your John Pilger idol :)

...and the universe will be restored !

..now, is this too much to ask ? I'm sure your web site could be quite beneficial to such a cause..

Oh.. have you looked at the 'Save Australia Alliance' ? I'm still working through its material and am going to make some phone calls tomorrow. I'm always wary of such things, and it 'seems' a bit 'worker' oriented rather than 'nation' oriented at present.. but I could be lacking information there.

Happy blogging.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 3 January 2006 11:05:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hamlet,
your slip is showing.
The Waverley Council actually had a motion before it to fly the flag on Bondi Pavillon. I did not suggest the motion.

This was rejected by the Green's counsellor because he felt it would raise racist tensions. There is photographic evidence from 1939 that the Australian flag actually flew on Bondi Pavillon, so flying the flage would represent its former heritage.

Donn't accuse me of hijacking our flag for political purposes, it is evident the Labor left and Greens want to hide our flag because they have politicised it as representing racism. Next we will have them flying the Lebanese flag or the crescent moon there as a form of appeasment and their PC reconciliation.
Posted by Philo, Wednesday, 4 January 2006 7:40:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Please lets stop ignoreing the reason the Mayor of Waverly council gave for not flying OUR NATIONAL FLAG.
Cleary truth is better than politicaly corect junk! she said the flag had been used by both sides in the recent out break of lawlessness and council did not want to promote that.
In time the left will understand time and again voters Labor and conservative have rejected political corectness and will continue to understand truth has far more value.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 4 January 2006 7:43:47 AM
Good to see that my posts that were on the wrong thread were deleted. I have fixed the problem that causes me to keep posting on the wrong thread.

Won't happen again Sorry. With regard to the Flag issue I would say that there are people out there who like to stir the pot - that happens on all sides.

Hopefully the community will be smart enough to see through it.
Posted by Jolanda, Wednesday, 4 January 2006 10:52:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Everyone

Write to the Waverly Council, (they have had offers by others to pay the $200 aprox for the flag)

http://www.waverley.nsw.gov.au/talktous/email.asp

btw this is interesting as well.
http://www.waverley.nsw.gov.au/area/census/
Posted by meredith, Wednesday, 4 January 2006 11:10:13 AM
Thanks for those links Meredith. I sent a letter of complaint to Waverley Council.

Cheers
Kay
Posted by kalweb, Wednesday, 4 January 2006 5:19:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. Page 24
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. All