The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A Lebanese 'problem'? > Comments

A Lebanese 'problem'? : Comments

By Tanveer Ahmed, published 15/12/2005

Tanveer Ahmed argues there is a specific segment of the Lebanese community in Sydney causing the unrest.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. All
To all the posters who have a problem with Waverley Council:

It is important that you didn't let the truth get in the way of a good story:

From today's SMH. Letters Page:

http://www.smh.com.au/letters/?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Waverley Council is very proud to fly the Australian flag and the Aboriginal flag on its chambers in Bondi Road. It is proud to fly Australian flags on Bondi's beachfront, where there are at least four Australian flags. Two of these flags are on council-owned surf club buildings.

How many flags do we need at Bondi Beach? Are four not enough?
The council does not agree with Malcolm Turnbull's flag-flying obsession and is not obliged to fly the flag on every building he decides should have one.

Personally, and as a member of the Greens, I support the republican debate hitherto championed by Mr Turnbull. Is he attempting to bury his republican past by flagging every building in his Wentworth electorate?

Mora Main Mayor, Waverley Council, Bondi Junction

And for all those who feel the need to tell Waverley Council what to do, how would you feel if outsiders told your council how to act?
Posted by Hamlet, Thursday, 5 January 2006 10:46:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1550345/posts
Posted by All-, Thursday, 5 January 2006 12:54:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for the link I think my point got across, we are however drifting from the thread.
I went back to the start and still agree with its author and still hold the view ignoreing any racist act is a crime.
Includeing the racist and sometimes criminal acts of SOME Lebanese Muslims.
Some from the left only find racism ofensive if it can be used to prove leftist lies.
From within the ALP its my truely held view our true left are more the enemy than Howard, they defeat us before the polls far too often.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 6 January 2006 7:42:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
more sick stuff from moses child david boaz,what a yawn!
Posted by orlando, Thursday, 14 June 2007 11:56:22 PM
I am a 19 year old male, my mother is austrailian both her parents were born in Holland, my father is australian both his parents were born in lebanon. Me, I am Australian. I have been thrown out of a girlfriends house after he found out I was part lebanese, he said F&^% off back to your own country were you can kill each other off. I have been called wog, lebo, dirty leb, i cant count how many times terrorist, and muslim. My fathers family is Christian Lebanese not that, that should matter muslim or Christian. I have had girls tell me they can't see me anymore after they hear I am Lebanese! Someone told me once "I have the lebanese disease." My best friends mother asked me if I am still proud of my Lebanese heritage after all that has happened in Australia and middle east, then told me I shouldn't be. When a "white australian"<i hate saying sterio types like that but Im making an exception. If a white Australian commits a crime its just a crime, if a australian, i repeat australian... lebanese person commits a crime it is a lebanese problem, it is a don't sleep at night the lebanese disease is coming to get you! I mean what i have gone through just because my fathers background is Lebanese has changed my life, I struggle to feel Australian when I am called a disease. I can't help but want to hit someone who shouts racist comments or looks at me and my lebanese family members on the street like they want us dead.
Posted by KRPAGE, Thursday, 9 August 2007 5:29:07 AM
I feel for the Lebanese muslims because I think if i was Muslim as well I would feel totaly distant from australia and its culture. I agree that lebanese fathers don't have much to do with there children, my father has inherited this trait and finds it hard to talk or sit down with me for more than 5 mins without wanting to call someone about work, he is a workoholic. And to the person who made the comment that lebanese christians only prolem in australia is organized crime, russians, italians, australians, indonesians, vietnamese mafia, mafia are from everywhere not just lebanese in kings cross. Look at the website Stormfront on google otherwise known as white pride world wide, they have posts calling for another cronella beach riot, there is a stormfront australia, and they were part of organizing the first riot. I really feel for the muslims of australia because they must feel so judged, how can they consider themselves australian if there constantly being bashed by the media and just genrally hated by large groups of people. I find it amazing the threats i get from fathers for being part lebanese, "you better treat my daughter properly, not like a lebanese house wife you hear or I'll be after you" < the father who made this remark thought he was saying nothing wrong what so ever..... I understand anyones concern for a daughter or sister but he didnt see why I got offended and reacted badly indeed, which probley confirmed his theory that im just a filthy lebo. lol Its funny never been seen as dutch, my other half, just lebanese. Even my parents have told me not to tell people I am part lebanese..... My father says "Tell them your just australian because that is what i brought you up as, and stop getting into fights with pll who call you a wog or lebo because you not your australian."
Posted by KRPAGE, Thursday, 9 August 2007 5:30:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy