The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Terrorism arrests - moving from the political to the judicial > Comments

Terrorism arrests - moving from the political to the judicial : Comments

By Waleed Aly, published 14/11/2005

Waleed Aly argues the recent arrests of terrorism suspects in Australia may benefit the Muslim community.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Do we believe Waleed Aly, or do we not. Is he talking a load of 'old taqiyya' or is he not?
Posted by Leigh, Monday, 14 November 2005 3:04:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yes Leigh,

lying for islam "taqiyya"..... the only islamists i trust are ex islamists. The day muslims start lobbying for protection for ex muslims and have a mass exodus from the religion as xtians have during the 20th century, will be the day the West can engage in realistic talks peace.

Hirsi Ali is a great politcian and example of a genuine ex muslim protesting against islamic crime and .

http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/2157/context/archive
Posted by meredith, Monday, 14 November 2005 4:00:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Waleed...
maybe its time to drag out some of the emails from the 'nutbags' bin ?

or.. maybe revisit the 'stupid/villifying/untrue/loony' words of a couple of pastors ? :)

It all comes out in the end... maybe an apology to the 2 Danny's would be in order ?

Its most interesting how the PM calls for "Muslims" to come forward with any information about radicals.. and then the Attourney General tries to 're-package' it as 'No, we are not meaning just Muslims' but surprise surprise... apart from the various crime gangs doing the drugs thing, the only 'mob' trying to wreck our state and replace it with Sharia is.....(fill in the blank) well I don't need to mention that.

I urge you Waleed, to consider the true faith of peace, trust and belief in the "Prince of Peace"...Christ Jesus, God manifest... "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father".......

and rejoice as I do in the fact that in this state, you can call on me to be a Muslim and I can call on you to embrace Christ and discover life, without anyone hunting me down... isn't it nice living in a state with a Judao Christian background ?

Cheers
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 14 November 2005 4:01:13 PM
Thanks Waleed, for another very reasonable and responsible article from a leading moderate Australian Muslim. I only hope you're correct that the arrests provide a catalyst for Australian Muslims to decide collectively that their best interests will be served by denouncing the ratbags and nutcases who give the vast majority of decent law-abiding Muslim Australians a bad name.

I note that your article thus far has attracted 3 comments - one of which casts aspersion on your honesty, and two of which exhort you to convert to Christianity. Do Leigh, meredith, or Boaz really want to engage in dialogue with Muslims, or is it just the old xenophobic soapbox? Methinks it's the latter, which is a damn shame because such comments increase nobody's understanding of each other.

I also note that the arrests were conducted without the need for Howards' "patriot" legislation.
Posted by mahatma duck, Monday, 14 November 2005 4:40:24 PM
Waleed,

I agree with your analysis, however the fact that these matters are being heard in an open court tends to confirm that these arrests were carried out using the pre-existing crimes act 1914.

Time will tell, particularly when ASIO/AFP get around to testing their new powers.

nb I concur with the comments of Mahatma duck with regard to the percieved need to convert muslims, or to doubt their honesty / integrity.
Posted by Aaron, Monday, 14 November 2005 5:27:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Waleed Aly has contrived an excellent strategy to protect himself from his critics. Both from his own community and the mainstream. The opening of his article has the aim to mollify Muslims, that would consider him not to be a "true believer" of Islam, from what he is going to say at the close of his article. The latter part, to assuage people of the mainstream, who have justifiably great doubts about the honesty of many Muslim leaders who tend to double-speak, with his apparent moderation.

This is an ingenious cover game played by Waleed. But it's good to see that not all Australians, like Leigh and meredith, are going to be duped by his stratagem.

A man of all "seasons" cannot be trusted.

CON

Visit my BLOG for more.

Blog address: http://congeorgekotzabasis.blogspot.com
Google click on LINK
Posted by Themistocles, Monday, 14 November 2005 8:53:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy