The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Nutbags, McCarthyism and western Muslims > Comments

Nutbags, McCarthyism and western Muslims : Comments

By Waleed Aly, published 29/6/2005

Waleed Aly argues bogus assumptions are frequently made about western Muslims.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. All
BD,

My post on the 14 July addressed this issue which was a legal punishment for traitors during the time of war. Please reread.

You have been dwelling on this topic, cutting and pasting from the prophet of doom type of site which neither objective nor impartial on history. You ignored writing of british historians on this story like Sale adn W. Muir.

Perhaps you should tell us what the punishment should be for a treason during war times and murdering civilians?
Islam is clear on spiritual values and teachings but also have a cear preventive laws to protect the society. Maybe you should explain to me what laws should you apply to murderers, rapists, child molesters?...

I can never really tell whether you have a point to make. You seem to dive and dig out something gambling on audience ignorance until you get caught 'red handed' then you dig out something else...

Wish you the inner peace every person deserves,

AK
Posted by Fellow_Human, Sunday, 17 July 2005 2:09:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fellow_Human, I note in your post above you state, "You are entitled to ask any question about my faith and I promise to answer to the best of my knowledge and won't get offended." I am still awaiting your response to my post from a topic introduced by Ifran on the death of Shaykh Abu Bakr’s, re John 14 and Deuteronomy 33: 2, VVIII-18.

My question to you is: How is sin (an act or attitude against God) atoned for in Islam? The Jews had blood sacrifice, the Christians have the death of Christ. What reconciles the sinner to Allah?
Posted by Philo, Sunday, 17 July 2005 2:55:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear BOAZ David

Thanks for your post and the references. Yes, you are correct. Academic argument/debate is about presenting facts above all else. I take your point. But I guess it's the "selected" facts that some people choose to back up their opinion that can be questioned.

I found the first reference very interesting but quite frightening though. I did read it all as you suggested. I found the second reference very difficult to follow - I guess that's because I do not have sufficient knowledge.

Don't worry BD - I have never had any intention of converting to Islam - no way! I am naive but I am not stupid. I have just been trying to figure out why and how people who proclaim "peace" as the primary focus of their faith can torture and murder others in the name of God/Allah.

My nieces are 12 and 13. They went to my mother this week in a very distressed state. They said: "Grandma, nearly every time we turn on the radio or the TV all we see is something about Muslims and terrorism. What will happen to us?" What a tragic way for young people to feel. They should be loving and enjoying life. Instead, they are scared. That is one of the main reasons that I have been trying to understand Islam and Muslim people. I would like to be able to answer my nieces' questions.

BD, I am a Christian - just moderate in my views.
Cheers
Posted by kalweb, Sunday, 17 July 2005 4:23:30 PM
Hi Philo,

Apologies I wasn't aware you asked me a question elsewhere.
In Islam, sins are atoned by different ways in the Koran but the most common (obviousley there is the sacrifice as well similar to the jews) but the daily prayers, purify your intent and do good deeds and restrain from redoing the same sin.

'the five daily prayers to God cleans sins that happens in between'Prophet Mohamed (PUH).

Pilgrim, is another atonement (in our faith) that removes all sins and should mark the beginning of a new life.

Regards
AK
Posted by Fellow_Human, Monday, 18 July 2005 7:37:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy