The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The traffic in eggs: Media hype over 30-something women > Comments

The traffic in eggs: Media hype over 30-something women : Comments

By Eleanor Hogan, published 8/2/2005

Eleanor Hogan argues that women shouldn't be defined by their fertility.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Tim
I don't doubt that. (unless someone can show me to the contrary)
But given that this is the case, we all need to try to put the 'them/us' thing away :) including one rather prolific writer here who's name starts with "T" :)
Reach out to our females, smother them with caring affection, seduce them into the beauty of life as 2 complementary units making one wonderful whole.
Urge them to put off the old flea infested cloak of 'feminism' and put on the new gown of joy in mutual upbuilding and inner renewal.
Be an instrument of transforming opinion, and be transformed ourselves. Lets become blind to the bad, and all seeing with the good.

If I may use a parable of Jesus and apply it to this, he spoke of a shepherd who had 100 sheep. One went astray, so he left the 99 to look for the straying one, when he found it, he placed it on his shoulders and rejoiced "Look, this which was lost.. is found"

We are all lost in various ways and at various times. Most of us actually know it. We just dont like it when people (like me sometimes) show us just HOW lost we really are, with underlining and bold :) We prefer someone to just touch us, hold us, guide is with love.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 10 February 2005 10:41:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Timkins You write that I know nothing about you, but I do. I know heaps about you! You make so many posts and tell so much about yourself in these posts. What do you think you are doing by participating in these forums?

Then you write that if I did, I would know that you have no great bias towards any political party, religion, ethnic group, or even gender. All can be as good / bad as each other.

And isn’t that exactly what I was suggesting - that you are so 'not-biased' and therefore anything you agree with is unbiased and ‘true’ and things you disagree with are obviously biased? I don’t understand your reaction!

Now when you write *If* what I am saying about 1960’s education is correct, you reveal even more about yourself. First, it is rather easy to imply that I might be lying. So do some research for yourself on social conditions for women pre-1970's feminism.

You ask 'Do two wrongs make a right?' Of course not. Did I suggest that?

You ask ‘Should education become a form of left-wing indoctrination, or right-wing indoctrination?’

But that wasn't what you asked in the post that I reponded to. Look back and you will see that you were saying that once upon a time schools educated kids and now they indoctrinate them. Presumably the time when they educated them was when they were doing the right-wing indoctrination thing? Ooops?

I am pleased you have cleared this up somewhat for yourself and me. Thank you.
Posted by Mollydukes, Thursday, 10 February 2005 2:44:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mollydukes,
I'm not sure if you want more information about the fraudulent nature of feminism or what?

There's an enormous amount of information available, but if you could focus your questions, I might be able to better direct you towards that relevant information.
Posted by Timkins, Thursday, 10 February 2005 7:49:51 PM
Timkins, now why would you think I wanted any *unbiased* information about feminism? It doesn't scare me.

I just ignore it or read it out of a vague sort of interest in new ideas.

Not real dangerous stuff really and I don't see my *indoctrinated* sons turning into wimps or my daughter not shaving her legs.

Get over it, eh?
Posted by Mollydukes, Thursday, 10 February 2005 10:53:18 PM
Mollydukes,

Sorry,

I thought you were interested in society, and the different movements and forces that shape that society. Or about corrupt or fraudulant organisations, that try and indoctrinate others through various methods and techniques.

Sorry again. It appears your not apparently.
Posted by Timkins, Thursday, 10 February 2005 11:03:11 PM
Timkins, you seem to be saying that, for you, new ideas about 'women in society' equals indoctrination? No need to be so sorry, many men would like women to be back in the kitchen and bedroom, barefoot and pregnant. We are used to it.

By the way, do you have a spell checker and could you brush up on your grammer? Did you know that 'your' does not mean the same as 'you're'?

I do not expect academic essay level of written English, however if you took more care with the compostion of your posts, your message might be easier to decipher. Consider that quality may be more valuable than quantity.
Posted by Mollydukes, Friday, 11 February 2005 10:04:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All