The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Accusing Israel of genocide is factually wrong > Comments

Accusing Israel of genocide is factually wrong : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 12/6/2024

Although Israel’s retaliation is deemed disproportionate to the number of Israelis slaughtered by Hamas, Israel’s onslaught on Gaza should not be sinisterly classified as an act of genocide.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
mhaze,

Seriously, why are you so excessively concerned
with minor details in an attempt to try to divert
the issues involved?

Stop being so pedantic and we just may have a
discussion.

Yuyutsu,

I can't argue with your logic.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 14 June 2024 12:36:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,

There are many sources on the web detailing Israeli
war crimes and those of the IDF. You can d the IDF.
Additionally, the International laws are also
explained including what constitutes a war crime.

In any case my judgements are based on verifiable
facts. I prefer not to accept opinions based on
unexamined evidence. It's called prejudice, and has no
place in serious argumentation.

I have no further interest in arguing with you.
You said you prefer opinions to facts.
I'm sure you shall find others on this forum who
also prefer opinions to facts.

I'll leave you to speak to them.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 14 June 2024 2:22:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What is the ultimate intent of the publicly stated Israeli war aim of “the elimination of Hamas”?

That is only a first step in the Israeli plan to annex Gaza, in the same way that Portuguese Timor was annexed by its powerful neighbor in 1976, with Australian complicity, and against UN resolutions favoring self-determination.

The destruction of most of the infrastructure in Gaza makes little sense unless it is a rational means to an end.

The end is depopulation. Making the territory unlivable will aid depopulation prior to annexation, reconstruction and re-population by Israel.

That is the rational aim of Israeli military strategy in Gaza: it is plain to see by those of us who are realists.

Absent this aim of annexation, the military destruction is senseless and so done only for gratuitous revenge and the sadistic infliction of suffering and mass murder of women and chidren as collective punishment.
Posted by smokehaze, Saturday, 29 June 2024 8:11:48 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Smokehaze,

«What is the ultimate intent of the publicly stated Israeli war aim of “the elimination of Hamas”?»

There is no such intent.

It is just propaganda, just a slogan - everyone knows that this is not possible.

The war continues aimlessly because Netanyahu needs it for his personal and political survival. He doesn't want to win the war, not even revenge or destruction, not even annexation, he doesn't want any conclusion, he just wants this war to last forever. Why would he care about the incidental fate of the Gazan people when he doesn't even care about his "own" Israeli people?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 29 June 2024 8:51:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy