The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why the two-state solution is the only viable option to the exclusion of any other > Comments

Why the two-state solution is the only viable option to the exclusion of any other : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 12/1/2024

Although the two-state solution has been all along the only viable option the Israel-Hamas war has only reaffirmed that there is no other option.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
ttbn, I leave that up to Graham Young to inform you of my source, if he so determines. As for my career, you cannot threaten it. It's as safe as houses and mine until I take my last breath.

You can try your bully boy tactics, but I've never caved into bullies and never will. Nor will you shut me up!

Moreover, your opinion will count for nothing in the aforementioned halls of power, where you are likely to be seen a harmless joke and or quickly confined to the rubbish bin unread.

You never ever contribute anything positive or worth the time to read! GFY.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 13 January 2024 10:55:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Germany has announced it will support Israel defend against charges of 'Genocide' and 'Incitement to Genocide' at the International Court of Justice.
In response, a new 2 state-solution has been suggested:
http://twitter.com/DrLoupis/status/1745942504019529790
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 13 January 2024 11:30:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Critic,

«If Israels ancient biblical stand towards issues is 'an eye for an eye'»

Israel does not follow the Bible, nor even Judaism.
The only ones who presumably follow that "eye for an eye" literally are the tiny sect of Karaites. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karaite_Judaism

«Then why is the concept of karma wrong in this instance?»

Karma only works individually and over many lifetimes.
It is nonsensical to expect anyone to receive all the fruits of their actions in the same birth.

It is not impossible, for example, that some peace-loving Israeli was kidnapped and tortured by Hamas because they were a German Nazi in their previous birth, yet it is more likely for former German Nazis to be reborn and suffer in Gaza.

«do bad to others (wish to wipe the Palestinians out) and that bad should happen to you, right?»

Free them from the tyranny of Hamas and good things should happen to you!

«Let the Muslims hoards descend upon them, wipe them out and say,
'God took it from them and gave it to us'»

I wonder whether these hoards can similarly accept it stoically as God's will if instead they wake up in hospital with missing limbs.

«Truthfully I support negotiations over conflict, and you know I do.»

Not with that many untruths on your record.

And anyway, why have negotiations when the Arab/Muslim side is never going to keep its promises?

When dealing with honourless enemies, there is no possibility of "negotiations over conflict", only of "conflict with negotiations" or "conflict without negotiations".

«Because with conflict innocent people pay the price.»

As you just said, karma cannot be wrong: no innocent person can ever suffer for something they have not done.

[continued...]
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 13 January 2024 11:46:32 PM
[...continued]

«If negotiations and compromise were possible»

Compromise OK, but no point negotiating with honurless people.

«And it was one of his right-wing settler lunatics that assassinated Yitzhak Rabin, the only politician who really tried to change things in recent times.»

Ehud Barak - offered the West Bank to the "Palestinians" (who refused).
Ehud Ulmert - as above plus compromised on Jerusalem (again, offer rejected)
Ariel Sharon - dismantled all Israeli settlements in Gaza and parts of the West Bank and ordered Israeli troops to leave the place.

«If supporting Israel means supporting apartheid, oppression, land theft and genocide»

Nonsense, it doesn't mean so - I support Israel but not the other things you mentioned.

«Why would you make me feel bad for opposing those things?»

Not for that - for your multiple libel claims against Zionism and Israel.

«No-one on this planet had done anything to change the situation except Hamas»

What about Putin?
Both changed the situation greatly - both made millions miserable.

«i.e 2 state solution.»

How can one force having a state on people who don't want to have one?

«It's about a people having their own state, and their own dignity.»

They were offered their own state, they practically even had it - but they didn't want it.
And what do you mean by "dignity"? Can people who rape corpses have that quality?

«You already know all my arguments and criticisms against Israel, so what do I even have to hide?»

The truth.

I already refuted so many of your arguments and criticisms, yet you keep repeating them word for word.

You know what?
I am tired.
And I do have a life outside this forum.
You won this war of attrition!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 13 January 2024 11:46:36 PM
Alan

Seek help you mad old coot.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 14 January 2024 7:51:27 AM
Yuyutsu

Your best bet is to stop arguing with maniacs who don't have a clue what they are talking about. You obviously have experiences and knowledge, while the maniac just parrots the rubbish from other maniacs on Google.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 14 January 2024 7:57:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy