The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why the two-state solution is the only viable option to the exclusion of any other > Comments

Why the two-state solution is the only viable option to the exclusion of any other : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 12/1/2024

Although the two-state solution has been all along the only viable option the Israel-Hamas war has only reaffirmed that there is no other option.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Very fair-minded analysis, impartial and curate. Analysis which I absolutely agree with!

If only someone like you were the PM of Israel, most of the bloodshed could have been avoided.

In conclusion can I say, hear, hear and well said Sir!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 12 January 2024 8:53:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Every man and his dog can have 'answers' and tell other people what they should be doing - but they cannot and do not have to do anything themselves. All mouth and trousers, but no responsibility or ability to solve the problems that they think other people should be solving.

This bloke's pontificating has not, will not, make any difference to anyone or anything. He has been blathering on for years. The Israeli government, whose job it is to sort it out clearly haven't done what this know-all says should be done. It is likely that they have never heard of him.

The stuff that gets spread about by 'experts' in this part of OLO is just opion, as it is on the forum. Totally worthless for anything but the individual 'having a say'.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 12 January 2024 9:41:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SUPPORTING ISRAELS 'RIGHT TO EXIST' IS EQUAL TO SUPPORTING APARTEID< OPPRESSION AND LAND THEFT.

I support the One state solution, but not the one you detailed.

One state - PALESTINE

Israel has voided any right to have it's own country, the Zionist Project has been a complete failure with 75 years worth of crimes against humanity as evidence.

Israels current leaders should be imprisoned for the remainder of their natural lives.
- And that would be a blessing compared to what they've done to other;
There's also a valid argument that deranged hate-filled Israelis need to be rounded up and placed in re-education camps.

Yes, sounds like I'm skating on this ice, but really this is where we are at.
Go look at how they act and tell me I'm wrong.

This is not just a genocidal leadership, for the most part it's a entire genocidal nation and people.

I'm not supporting apartheid, oppression and land theft.
- Come back to me when you decide to do something different.

Going forward, Israel needs to prove to me that it can change it's ways before I ever support it's existence.

Till then, I hope Israel gets exactly what it deserves.
I don't care if Hezbollah flattens the entire country.
That's what Israel sought to do to others, so what's the big deal?

ISRAEL SEEKS TO MURDER ALL THE PEOPLE IN ITS CONCENTRATION CAMPS

And also I support Iran having nuclear weapons.
If Israel can have nuclear weapons and threaten it's neighbors and commit assassinations on foreign soil, they why shouldn't they?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 12 January 2024 11:13:12 AM
Israel has no right to defense on stolen land and under occupation.

Lets say I'm armed and I invade your home, pointing the gun at you and your wifes head, I start helping myself to stuff in your fridge, smacking your kids around, wrecking up your house...

Lets say that you tell me to leave, and I refuse.

Then let's say you manage to get your hands on a kitchen knife, and you wait for the right moment to attack me.

When you attack me with the knife, unfortunately for you I see it coming, and I pull my weapon and shoot you, two in the chest.

Now you're laying there on the floor dying, it's all over for you.
The question is 'Can I claim the right of defending myself?'

No, I illegally came on your land, to your home, I threatened you and your family, you told me to leave, I stayed and you ended up dead.

ITS MURDER

Every. Single. One.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 12 January 2024 2:35:56 PM
Thank you Alon for your articles on this issue. I agree the two-state solution appears the only one that will result in lasting peace and security for both Israelis and Palestinians in the longer term.

The path there, though, seems incredibly difficult. Hamas does not want a two-state solution, it wants an Islamic Caliphate “from the river to the sea”, with Israel destroyed and its Jewish population murdered or expelled. While it is difficult to gauge popular opinion in an Islamo-fascist autocracy, there is evidence that many – perhaps most – Gazans agree. Netanyahu has been a disaster for Israelis and Palestinians, but he has no desire for a two-state solution and considerable political interest in preventing one. Meanwhile, Iran is happily stirring the pot across the Middle East to further its own vile agenda.

There are glimmers of hope, though. I have been impressed with Antony Blinken’s efforts to thread the needle between supporting Israel’s right to defend itself and trying to focus on what is needed for enduring peace when the war ends – effectively, a two-state solution – while minimising as far as possible the appalling suffering of Gazan civilians.

A two-state arrangement is necessary to secure lasting peace, but it may not be sufficient. Even before the war Gaza was a miserable, oppressed and impoverished place, and much housing and civilian infrastructure has been destroyed in the past three months. There will need to be some equivalent of the Marshall Plan that rebuilt Germany after WW2 that gives Palestinians a real and better alternative to the murderous agendas of Hamas, Hezbollah et al. This is not to concede that Hamas’s vile atrocities on 7 October were justified or understandable, but rather to recognise that Israel will not attain peace and security for its own citizens unless and until Palestinians get the same.
Posted by Rhian, Friday, 12 January 2024 2:36:03 PM
From the time the Arabs invaded and took over the land under discussion
the land became Islamic land forever. Well that is how they see it.
No matter who comes along and takes it back or seizes it by force it
remains Islamic land.
The ownership cannot be changed by treaty or sale.
Once it becomes Islamic land it is Islamic land forever.

That is why a two state or similar solution is impossible.
All land everywhere once occupied by moslems can only be sold to moslems.
I wonder if that applies in Australia ? Does that explain why some
suburbs become solidly Moslem Arabic ?
Posted by Bezza, Friday, 12 January 2024 3:18:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy