The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > New York Times and Washington Post redraw middle-east boundaries > Comments

New York Times and Washington Post redraw middle-east boundaries : Comments

By David Singer, published 4/6/2021

The New York Times and the Washington Post have once again engaged in Israel bashing - spewing out fake maps and phony history about Israel.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
#Armchair Critic

You state:
"Why don't you produce an accurate set of maps then,
That shows the land Israel controls at 5 year intervals
And then stop complaining about what others or doing year after year David?"

What "others are doing year after year" are producing false maps - summarised by Fact Checker Glenn Kessler at the Washington Post:
"Still, a version of this map has been circulating for almost 20 years, supposedly showing how "Historic Palestine" had been taken over by Israel. As a technical matter, the map is a confusing mélange of images: it includes something that did not exist (Palestinian control over all the territory), something that did not happen (the proposed United Nations partition) and something odd (pre-1967 occupations by Jordan and Egypt are depicted as Palestinian-controlled)."

You have been brainwashed by these fake maps. More fool you.

These maps are part of the false propaganda campaign that has been waged by the Palestinian Arabs for the creation of another Arab State between Israel and Jordan since 1967. They never claimed such a State between 1948 and 1967 - during which period Jordan unified the West Bank with Transjordan and renamed the new State - "Jordan" - and when Egypt occupied and administered Gaza.

Demands for a "two-state solution" only started after Jordan and Egypt lost the West Bank and Gaza to Israel in the Six Day War.

The only solution that can possibly work now is the subdivision of the West Bank and Gaza between Israel and Jordan in direct negotiations.

Negotiators armed with pencils and rubbers - not rockets and bombs - could redraw the current international borders to achieve an equitable subdivision in a matter of months.

Redrawing the existing boundaries would see the Jews with sovereignty in about 20% of former Palestine and the Arabs with sovereignty in the remaining 80%.

That has always remained the solution since it was first contemplated in 1922 in the League of Nations unanimously-endorsed Mandate for Palestine.

Two peoples - Jews and Arabs - with one State each in former Palestine should be the end game.
Posted by david singer, Tuesday, 8 June 2021 10:34:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi David,
"Stop worrying about what others do and worry about yourself."
Didn't you ever have parents like the rest of us?
- Pretty sure that's what most parents teach their kids.

Why don't you make a website?
Call it israelaccuratemaps.com

That way you can put all the disagreements to rest.
Why don't you make it 1 month intervals since 1947?
- That way you won't have to worry about what others are doing.
If ever there's a disagreement, you can say 'Go Here'.

We both know you're not going to do that.
- Because you'd then be the one who brings Israel into disrepute by telling the truth.
You DON'T WANT to set the record straight.
What you want is to stop others criticising Israel.
- You probably don't care if an accurate set of maps exists or not.
- If you did, you'd publish a set yourself instead of wasting so much time complaining.

How many articles have you written now, complaining EVERY TIME someone submits the image of maps you oppose?

And do you know this is actually 'Australia's ejournal of social and political debate' not Israels.
When was the last time you actually wrote something that pertained to Australia?

"Negotiators armed with pencils and rubbers - not rockets and bombs - could redraw the current international borders to achieve an equitable subdivision in a matter of months."

I'd use a ruler.
Do we divide down the middle or across the centre?

Did you ever have brothers and sisters David?
Put a line of tape down on the carpet?
"Stay off my half"

Ultimately, I'm just tired of the endless killings.
- and I don't have to discriminate about which side -
It's gone on for nearly 75 years, since day one.
Many people don't even live that long.

It's a truly shameful blight on the planet.
- And I don't even care about religions.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 9 June 2021 6:28:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tell me those people you want gone...
They've been living there longer than white people have been living in Australia, right?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 9 June 2021 6:36:50 AM
Everyone deserves to live in peace and with dignity.
Jews themselves expect to live in peace and with dignity in everyone else's country, right?
Why can't they extend the same dignity to the people living in Palestine?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 9 June 2021 6:44:04 AM
Errrr, well AC, I suppose it is because the leaders of those people you want the Israelis to let live in peace and dignity, want to exterminate the state of Israel?

"HAMAS would definitely not be prepared to co exist with Israel even if the Zionists returned to their pre 1969 borders."

HAMAS leader Mahmoud al-Zahar.
Posted by LEGO, Wednesday, 9 June 2021 3:51:47 PM
Hey LEGO,
- You've made some really good comments lately;
Your first response on 'The phoney war on 'privilege' thread is in the running for best forum comment of the year I think.
I don't have the skills or ability to write as well as you did.

I WANT to say I think both sides are as bad as each other;
- But I can't avoid the issue that it was Jews that wanted to settle where the Palestinians lived.
- The Palestinians weren't trying to settle where the Jews lived.

- So I'm not sure that I can even say 'They're as bad as each other'.
However, that said both sides have religious beliefs I oppose, which no doubt has very much to do with the ongoing issues, and stubbornness from both sides.

I argue Israel is in fact illegitimate, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I think the problem would be solved by Israels destruction.
I guess both sides are going to have to compromise, if that's even possible, which realistically it probably isn't.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 9 June 2021 6:55:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy