The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > New York Times and Washington Post redraw middle-east boundaries > Comments

New York Times and Washington Post redraw middle-east boundaries : Comments

By David Singer, published 4/6/2021

The New York Times and the Washington Post have once again engaged in Israel bashing - spewing out fake maps and phony history about Israel.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I hope Israelis do not decide to sling their hooks; they are the only democracy in the Middle East. An terrorists really should not be getting what they want. The West should helping them more.

In the turmoil of the possible removal of the PM (one replacement is described as 'hard right', which should upset the whiners) did anyone notice that their is an Arab party in the Israeli parliament). I wonder if there is a Jewish party in PNA? Just joking.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 5 June 2021 12:27:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The West should be helping Israel more, not the terrorists. Age is a curse.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 5 June 2021 12:29:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Democracy ttbn? We'll see I suppose.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/arab-israeli-raam-party-makes-history-by-joining-bennett-lapid-coalition/

"For decades, Arab Israeli parties have almost always remained on the outside of the decision-making process in Israeli politics. Jewish parties shunned them as extremists, while they themselves were often skeptical of joining an Israeli government they deem treats them as second class citizens and oppresses Palestinians.

For decades, Arab Israelis have been without any influence. 'Now, everyone knows that we’re the deciding votes as far as politics goes,' Ra’am lawmaker Walid Taha told a reporter for the Arabic-language channel Hala TV.

I also think commenting on these threads merely serves to inflate David Singers own sense of importance.
- Even if you win, which is near on impossible - you still lose -
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 5 June 2021 3:47:28 PM
If anything, Diver Dan, the west has consistently overestimated Arab capabilities.

In 1967, the whole world was certain that the huge Arab armies that were stocked with the latest Russian weapons was going to crush Israel, for certain. Just as the world looks on today in awe at Israel's Iron Dome defence, the whole world was stunned when the Israelis utterly demolished the Arab armies in 6 days. The Arabs fled leaving their boots in the sand so that they could run faster.

During the Yom Kippur, war the Israelis turned the tables on the Arabs within 48 hours and actually came close to marching on Cairo. The reason? Brains, training, and determination, beats religious stupidity, and an over reliance on overwhelming numbers, every time.

Even in the Gulf War, the USA had expected far greater casualties and had prepared massive medical support for their wounded soldiers. These facilities were massively underutilised. The ground war in Iraq became as famous as Omdurman, when it comes to a battle which decisively beat an Arab army very quickly, and with trifling casualties.

I have already pointed out that the Israeli economy, based entirely upon brains and not resources, has made Israel the richest country in the Middle East. Much more money than Saudi Arabia and Iran combined, for all of their oil wealth. And if you look to the future it gets even more interesting. Because the Arabs will eventually run out of oil, but the Israelis will never run out of brains. And when the Arabs run out of oil, they will revert back to their original status as goat herders, camel jockeys, and sheep stealers, who just got lucky, but who threw away their incredible fortune trying and failing to crush Israel.

Why do you think that Bahrain and the UAE recognised Israel? Because Israel is where the money is, and the smart Arabs like money and know business.

If you think that "intelligent" people support the Arabs, you sure have your brain wired backwards.

Don't believe anything I say. Pick up some history books and do some research.
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 5 June 2021 7:26:21 PM
Listen Lego, I’ve lived with Israelites. There a queer mob. They don’t cut their hair, they wear funny clothes, all the men have beards, and they look suspiciously at you.
Obviously you’ve not been confronted with that.

And as for your comment, or suggestion that I should study history, I have. I’m well versed in it. And my comments have a historic backing to them.

Israel has forfeited the right to the holy land. They are hypocrites. They are secularists not theists. How dare they claim the holy land. There are more devout Christians and Muslims deserving of the title than believing Jews.

The Jews actually murdered the Christian head of state, Jesus. Remember. That’s history. Why should Christendom support Jews.
Islam and Christianity are closer aligned than the Jews.
As Christianity is an off shoot of Judaism, so Islam is an off shoot of Christianity.

Why can’t the farmer and the cow man be friends?
The answer to that one is simple, the Jews won’t allow it.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 5 June 2021 8:39:30 PM
Thank you, thank you, Diver Dan. At last we get past your false moralising and BS legalistic arguments to see how you really think. Please watch this space, Alan B, Foxy, Yuyutsu, and any other of you anti Israel ABC type luvvies, because if you have been programmed to think that "intelligent, avante guard, progressive, free thinking, cosmopolitan people" support the Arab Muslims, well let's look at Diver Dan.

The real reason why Diver Dan wants Israel wiped off the map is a very traditional one. He hates Jews and he has even helpfully submitted a long string of extremely racist insults towards Jews displaying his outright anti Semitism. Diver Dan wants the Jews out of the "holy land" because since most Jews are not religious, ( I told you they were smart) they don't "deserve" to occupy "the holy land.

If you guys are Diver Dan's side, then you can have him. I am glad he is not on my side because I would consider him a real embarrassment. I would say that DD is a genuine, old fashioned, Old Testament, fire and brimstone type Christian, who hates the Jews because "the Jews killed Christ." And Alan B and Foxy, Yuyutsu may even be in the same boat as DD, as he or she is always droning on and on about "spirituality", whatever the hell that is.

As I have repeated add nauseam, the primary opposition to the existence to the state of Israel is religious. Then came the naysayer caste who once fully supported Israel to the hilt, but who switched sides when their peer group leaders abandoned Israel because it kept on winning. Among social progressives, accepting that winners are always oppressors, and losers are always victims, is a programmed reflex. They can't comprehend the world any other way.

It is ironic that those who take the "progressive" view on things do so because they think it displays how intelligent they are. And here they are supporting religious fundamentalists in their war against the smartest and probably least religious people on Earth.

Not very smart, guys.
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 6 June 2021 5:20:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy