The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Democrats impeaching Trump fuel hatred, division and violence > Comments

Democrats impeaching Trump fuel hatred, division and violence : Comments

By David Singer, published 9/2/2021

The first unsuccessful impeachment of Trump was a major contributing factor in the Democrats seeing their 235-199 control of the House of Representatives reduced to 220-212.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Trump was impeached twice and deserved it. Whether the Democrats did well politically or not by impeaching him they did the right thing.
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 9 February 2021 8:12:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well said david f

The author diverting attention to proud Democratic representatives of democracy

provides an implicit defence of his idol of Incitement, Trumpsy.

In so doing there is apparent siding with Trumpsy's frequently anti-Semitic supporters.

This article is a rather pathetic appeal to Trumpsy's base Base.

TRUMP'S JANUARY 6, 2021 SPEECH THAT INCITED THE MOB: TRANSCRIPT: PART ONE:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/11/full-transcript-donald-trump-january-6-incendiary-speech

"The media will not show the magnitude of this crowd.

Even I, when I turned on today, I looked, and I saw thousands of people here, but you don’t see hundreds of thousands of people behind you because they don’t want to show that.

We have hundreds of thousands of people here, and I just want them to be recognised by the fake news media.

Turn your cameras please and show what’s really happening out here because these people are not going to take it any longer.

They’re not going to take it any longer. Go ahead. Turn your cameras, please.

Would you show?

They came from all over the world, actually, but they came from all over our country.

I just really want to see what they do.

I just want to see how they covered.

I’ve never seen anything like it.

But it would be really great if we could be covered fairly by the media.

The media is the biggest problem we have as far as I’m concerned, single biggest problem, the fake news and the big tech.

Big tech is now coming into their own. We beat them four years ago.

We surprised them. We took them by surprise and this year, they rigged an election.

They rigged it like they’ve never rigged an election before.

By the way, last night, they didn’t do a bad job either, if you notice. I’m honest.

I just, again, I want to thank you.

It’s just a great honour to have this kind of crowd and to be before you.

Hundreds of thousands of American patriots are committed to the honesty of our elections and the integrity of our glorious republic."

MORE TO COME
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 9 February 2021 8:49:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The human (natural) reaction to Trump's incitement of the mob on 6th January 2021, was to obtain retribution of justice- to punish the offender. While some stigma will always be attached to Trump's name through his incitement of the mob invasion of the Capitol and death of five people, the feeling by many that Trump should be punished, remains strong. As another post has stated, the number change of the Democrats is really irrelevant, and may not have anything to do with this issue.

What is important, however, is the stability in the political mood of America. In other words, how will the impeachment proceedings affect the long-term relationships between Democrats and Republicans? As Joe Biden said 'this civil war must end'.
Posted by Cyclone, Tuesday, 9 February 2021 9:22:14 AM
Traditionally throughout history the penalty for insurrection has been death.
If they find Trump guilty do you think they will impose a death sentence.
If not why not ?
They impose it on others for less serious crimes.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 9 February 2021 9:24:01 AM
"Democrats impeaching Trump fuel hatred, division and violence"

That says it all!
Posted by Raycom, Tuesday, 9 February 2021 9:34:52 AM
Good point, Bazz: if Trumpf can be shown to have incited violence or crimes against the US state, or against any of its constituent states, such as Michigan or Georgia, or against the good order of Washington DC itself, then he should face the appropriate charges.

If it can be shown that he has incited personal violence against any public official, such as the Governor of Michigan, or against the vice-president of the US itself, then appropriate charges should be brought against him.

If it can be shown that he has tried to persuade any government official, such as the governor and A-G of Georgia, to break the law, then he should face appropriate charges.

But I suspect that, if he is charged and found guilty of treason, he won't be executed - President Biden may have brought about the abolition of the death penalty by the time Trumpf is found guilty. But he may spend many years in jail, along with a lot of his associates.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Tuesday, 9 February 2021 10:40:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy