The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Revise UN Charter to contain China's belligerence > Comments

Revise UN Charter to contain China's belligerence : Comments

By Sudhanshu Tripathi, published 1/7/2020

The view from India: unite to form a common front against China

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Everyone is lining up to get out of Hong Kong so here's Australia's big chance to grab a few million cashed up Chinese before the UK or Canada grabs them.

Think of the money. We need to bring in millions of cashed up Chinese in order to restart the economy post-WuFlu pandemic.

Go Scotty! Grab them before they go somewhere else.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 2 July 2020 4:59:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Italian, now theres a language i cant stand. Loud, lots of arm waving, I dont mind Chinese. Maybe we should allow all those HK Chinese here, to outnumber the Muslims.
Posted by jimmy2shoes, Friday, 3 July 2020 6:13:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
White farmers from Zimbabwe, Christians from Syria ... and now anti-Chinese protestors from Hong Kong ... all welcomed to Australia with open arms. Anyone else who dares seek asylum here ... especially those pesky Muslims ... gets banged up in offshore detention and sent packing. Nothing like a good old discriminatory immigration policy ... Morrison and Dutton are the jackboot masters of border control.
Posted by Bronwyn, Saturday, 4 July 2020 12:18:31 PM
Bronwyn,

You are saying that there are "anti-Chinese protestors from Hong Kong".

If the people of Hong Kong are racists then we don't want them here.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 4 July 2020 1:01:25 PM
Hi Bronwyn, all immigration policies are discriminatory, they have to be. In Australias case we have a long queue of people wishing to immigrate here, its only smart to discriminate and take only those who are skilled enough and who can contribute to social cohesion rather than those groups who isolate themselves from mainstream Australian society. In this case I think for those reasons immigrants from HK would make excellent Australians.
Posted by jimmy2shoes, Saturday, 4 July 2020 1:37:16 PM
What groups isolate themselves from Australian society? And who decides who are the ones likely to fall into this category?
I haven't met or heard of an immigrant or asylum seeker yet who doesn't want to fit in and be part of life here. It's not always easy though to overcome unwelcoming attitudes and blatant discrimination. If you or I migrated to another country, I'm sure we'd be drawn to mixing with other Aussies, as well as trying to assimilate into our new environment as best we could. The two are not mutually exclusive.
No matter how you try to dress it up, there is no denying that our migration policy today still bears strong shades of White Australia.
Posted by Bronwyn, Saturday, 4 July 2020 2:12:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy