The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Pests need predators > Comments

Pests need predators : Comments

By Viv Forbes, published 28/2/2020

Landowners should be free to pay bounties or sell licences for hunters, mobile butchers, zoo trappers and tourist safaris on their properties.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Jamo.

True, but it can take longer for a man to kill a sheep slowly and badly as well as a crow.
He builds a fence around them and watches while they starve to death.
It's called a drought.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 1 March 2020 2:15:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
DD, YOU of ALL people are not in a position to be discussing the fate of the animal kingdom.
Unless you were raised by animals, mind you I am warming to that conclusion, you are not in a position to comment on what an animal feels or thinks.
So you think it's OK for wild dogs to attack a lamb and tear it from limb to limb, and then leave it alive, suffering and in extreme pain?
I certainly do not condone the random and flippant idea of killing for sport, such as catching fish and throwing them back, they make sure they are alive before releasing them at least.
But you come across as a pre-pubescent child with such a naive and spurious demeanor.
Don't forget one very important thing, we are also animals, and it is natural for animals to kill other animals for their very survival, ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF NATURE!
A cat will eat some grass when it is having digestion issues, but otherwise it was created with canines, which would not be needed if they ate flora/grass.
There are variations to that theme, but these have developed over time due to changes in their living/food environment and had to re-adjust and develop accordingly.
We, as a species do not have to change our eating habits unless forced to, due to lack of our historical food categories.
Dan, I'm not sure how to respond to you, because you sound very passionate/committed to your beliefs, and I can't argue or debate with someone who is so emotionally invested in such a false premise as yourself.
Look I tell you what, you believe what you want, I don't think anyone trying to explain the jist of this thread or topic is going to get through to you, in demonstrating and convincing you that you are wrong.
I'll hand this one over to the more patient of OLOéns.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 1 March 2020 2:25:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Altrav.

Poor old crows are getting hard PR today.
It's not their fault they were born black.

Where have I heard that one before?
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 1 March 2020 6:29:36 PM
Not all crows are black, there are grey crows as well as other colour combinations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_crow
As a one time conservator, I used to shoot grey crows and trap them.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 1 March 2020 6:43:16 PM
"Poor old crows are getting hard PR today." Not at all. Crows are very smart. You only have to hang a dead one up by the leg where it can be seen and the rest stay well away. They get the message.
Posted by jamo, Tuesday, 3 March 2020 11:59:21 AM
Jamo, thanks for that, you possibly saved me a lot of stuffing around with having to contend with idiot gun shop owners suddenly getting all official, since the soft cocks of our community began panicking over the mental and emotional stability of gun owners, who have more discipline than the idiots who police them, and the same community that's panicking in the first place.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 3 March 2020 1:12:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy