The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why tolerate religion? > Comments

Why tolerate religion? : Comments

By Ralph Seccombe, published 19/6/2014

Given the universal human rights of freedom of speech, freedom of assembly etc etc, should there be a separate and additional category of religious rights?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. ...
  14. 45
  15. 46
  16. 47
  17. All
anti-green, it is easy, approach or view left wing politics from the point of view of someone with degrees in forensic psychiatry or forensic psychology & criminology. look at the behaviour, speech patterns of loony lefties, their sociopsychopathy.

And it becomes perfectly obvious they are not in political parties at all, but members of a radical, extreme religious cult dogmatically following the dictates of their "holy book, the manifesto" & their prophet Karl Marx.
Posted by imacentristmoderate, Monday, 23 June 2014 5:14:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ojnab asked,

"Can some one tell me why miracles are only associated with the Catholic Church, do they have favour with God that we know nothing about.?"

No one can tell you that because it simply isn't true; they may well be in favour being the only Christian church that can trace itself back to Christ.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 23 June 2014 5:47:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
many churches report miracles
i know..mary baker eddie/christian -cience..healed many/
so much so/that\ron hubbard..high jacked..the name..science
baptists are..renowned..etc..fakiers..of india faith/healers/in south america..endless proofs...with those with eyes to see and minds to remember.

dickdorkins;..vidio..highlights..much bias
[like he talks/of all them\germs/from all them sick people
yet fails-to mention..no sickness outbreaks/on record[much like indian holy spots]..

he FAILS..TO MENTION HERD-immunity/he\is not a docter/thus disrespects/mans ability to..get dying people..out..into the WORLD..[ONe last tiME]..hope/that;the joy/heal..who would deney them..simple belief?

why cast stones/no one..from fatima strapped-on..the backpack he raises[even that..was a set up/the kids were asked to do a training exersize..[set up]..and here..is that scummy dorkins..saying its these idiot=religious-zealot's..behind me.

but..here..i am/talking about..a godless\heathen/ignorant of all topics..he speaks..of..[he..really believes..[his creation story]..re the soul[ie the fish]..that dickdorkins..says..[poor thing]..used to drag his eye..in the mud/so the fish with..lol,,'evolved eyes/lol evolved..flat/to keep..its eyes..clean..

[yet/its fry..[babies/baby...;got,,normal eyes..lol.

[its .not much better..than god/mosus/satan..stood\on it.]

point being..people..go to rock/shows/homes\of the rich/fame[even infamy/..point being/we like seeing,,these place/feeling..the vibe..[how many../eally wanted to help..cure themselves][maybe up to 7000[officialy..70/butt dickdorky..says 54?..again who cares.

most just want..out-a/here..[out/from..this hellish-realm.

i went..to canberra..to see blue poles
that\dont mean/i like..boozer art.

what other points..?..who goes/to these places..is;but...[a certain type..[loves;hangings/crusifictions/golf/tennis/cccar\fottsie-ballls....etc
and [they feel]..they got..good value/besides..they feel its cheating..;..we have//these diseases..as clues to..knowing..thyself.

each disease...points to..a certain type/life/learning..
everything..is a sign/teaching\learning..we are here..to learn..to grow a body of works..good enough..to withstand an..infinite/eternity..in eternity

[most of us..only once come here/in human form/from there peers friends acquaintances and..externalized-awaremess/has been awaken/and we found*>>that passion/we love doing.

[ie mean capital p passion...like a cat/loves
its mouse..or like a mother/protecting..her demion spawn.

many/of you walking\talking future gods\had prior incarnation
in beast forms..our behaviours..indicate much/regarding our previous/devious,,nature/and our nurture..it takes/qualified/parents/to raise\qualify..the child/but society\shall form the man.

that ring of fire/in the sky son..is hell..son
the ring..of fire is fueled/by their own..vilest/passion
oh that good..had such passion..if you cant forgive other/begin by forgiving self...your selfishness...[but/then..go-sin/nomore.

[how well did ye love..the living...
find passion.]..well thats..it/post..
Posted by one under god, Monday, 23 June 2014 6:24:25 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That's one of your best, Dan S de Merengue:

>>If he was standing in my presence, the first thing I'd do is challenge him to a game of chess, and see how he handles this form of common sense and rationality.<<

Are you suggesting that only Christians are have sufficient common sense and rationality to play chess?

That might come as something of a surprise to Viswanathan Anand.

But seriously, you aren't suggesting that anyone who doesn't play chess is substandard with regard to reason, rationality, common sense and science?

Are you?
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 23 June 2014 7:32:46 PM
Is Mise, "
No one can tell you that because it simply isn't true; they may well be in favour being the only Christian church that can trace itself back to Christ."

You can't be serious?
Are you suggesting only those worshipping a Catholic god are 'in favour'?

One wonders what this god was actually doing before Jesus was born?
Didn't he/she/it have the powers to grant 'miracles' before then?
If not, why not?

All cultures and religions talk of people and various gods having 'magical powers' in their history.
They are all good fairy stories to pass down to the kiddies, so they might carry on the 'faith'.

I think this subject is getting more and more bizarre as we go along!
I will see you all on another thread.
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 23 June 2014 8:46:48 PM
Interesting question Susieonline " What was this God doing before Jesus was born" the answer is simple Susie, there never was a God or Jesus, so we need not worry any more about such trivialities,
Posted by Ojnab, Monday, 23 June 2014 9:23:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18