The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine: Jordan not jumping for joy > Comments

Palestine: Jordan not jumping for joy : Comments

By David Singer, published 13/2/2014

Jordan is becoming increasingly unhappy at the role US Secretary of State John Kerry might be planning for it in his eagerly anticipated framework agreement designed to end the 130 years old Jewish-Arab conflict.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Dear David,

Are you so naive to believe in a piece of paper, or is it instead that you rely on the reasonable assumption that this paper will never arrive?

Suppose in the unlikely event that the Palestinian leaders sign a formal piece of paper granting Israel everything it ever asked for, even stating that they love the Jews more than their mother - are you going to believe them?

Wouldn't it be better to save the tree that was used to make that paper?

Ah, so there is Jordan: such agreement would be totally against their interests, but yes, if you grab them by the neck and tell them "sign here or I'll cut your water-supply", they may in fact sign - how kind and neighbourly!

If you so eagerly want this piece of paper even from someone other than those actually living in the West Bank, then why not ask Micronesia? They will surely give you that desired page with golden ornaments.

The 1967 poison destroys Israel from within. If Israel continues along that path, having lost its moral compass and no longer deserving to exist, it will disintegrate on its own: the Arabs don't need to do anything but wait! Israel's only hope is to run away from that curse, then lick its wounds.

Even if Abbas pretends to accept Israel's continued partial occupation, I will not and most of the world will not, not even one square millimetre resulting from the cursed 1967 war. Israel cannot hope to avoid sanctions that way and would remain at war - not with the Palestinians, but with the rest of the world.

If however, Israel fully withdraws, then it will become united from within and will also have my support and the support of almost the entire world (except some lunatics). Israel never ever enjoyed that status, even after its withdrawal from Gaza, because its occupation did not end. If at that point in time those silly Palestinians, despite having their land and everything, still play with fire, then Israel could nuke them out with the world's blessings.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 17 February 2014 5:02:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu
You are now approving a nuclear strike by the Talmudic regime on Palestinians- I understand it is conditional - but nevertheless amazing and your religious you say?

It appears any kind of close contact with zionist Talmudic methods can cause people to lose their reason. Sorry, yuyutsu but all these anthropological religions are a curse upon the world and must not be tolerated.

The only acceptable solution in Palestine and Israel is a single secular state with Palestinian and jews living side by side. Anything else is criminal and will only precipitate further inhumanity.

The day of reckoning is at hand, the subterranean crimes are exposed. Wow to the servants of mendacity.
Posted by YEBIGA, Tuesday, 18 February 2014 12:33:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yebiga,

When peaceful people are attacked by madmen, unprovoked, they may use whatever is necessary to defend themselves, including nukes. This has nothing to do with what they happen to believe or practice in their internal affairs. I wish we in Australia also had nukes of our own so we wouldn't have to lick the Americans' bottom for our protection.

At the moment Israel is NOT peaceful and is driven by a coalition of secular pig-headed racist expansionists and a crazy messianic cult, the followers of Rabbi Kook (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zvi_Yehuda_Kook#Settlement_movement), who (falsely of course) believe that God wants them to conquer that land.

If however, Israel becomes peaceful and demonstrates that it has no territorial ambitions by withdrawing COMPLETELY from the areas it gained in 1967 and no longer interfering with the life of its neighbours, then it will be a normal country (already containing a 20% Palestinian population) and on the same footing as any other normal country.

If even after that the Palestinians still attack Israel, then it would be no different than Germany suddenly attacking France, in which case the French would have a legitimate right to respond with whatever weapons they have.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 18 February 2014 8:12:13 AM
#Yebiga

You seem to have plenty of time to keep posting - but continue to ignore what is now my third request to you:

"BTW - please identify specifically who you claim to be "the growing number of Jews who are critical of the very existence of Israel".

How many are there and where are they based? Have you any articles you can point me to so we can have a facts based discussion?

I need to know where you get the information relied on by you which has prompted your question to me - especially since your ridiculous claim that Israel and Iran were the only two religious states in the world has been shown to be a load of codswallop.

Furnish the information and I will respond."

When can I expect your response - or are you unable to back up your claim with substantive facts?

Put up - or have the decency to withdraw your unsubstantiated statement.

#Yuyutsu

Some pieces of paper mean something - like the peace treaties between Israel and Egypt and between Israel and Jordan.

Others can be meaningless - like the many agreements between Hamas and the PLO for reconciliation.

Given Jordan's 15 year peace treaty with Israel - an agreement on dividing the West Bank between Israel and Jordan could reasonably be expected to be capable of being honoured and respected by both sides.

No agreement is possible with the PLO . Twenty years attempting to get such an agreement is evidence enough to support that conclusion
Posted by david singer, Tuesday, 18 February 2014 10:40:37 AM
Dear David,

So here is one thing we agree on:

- No agreement is possible with the PLO.

Yes, Jordan's beloved and great king is reliable, but taking on the West Bank (or parts thereof) would be against his and Jordan's interests - there is no need from him to inherit Israel's curse and he is not an idiot!

Yes, Israel could probably blackmail Jordan to take the West Bank, as Jordan cannot survive without the water it gets from Israel - but that would prove that papers signed by Israel mean nothing either.

Given no agreement will ever occur, it all boils down to the simple question: should Israel retain the territories it took in 1967 forever, or not.

Myself and the rest of the world will not allow Israel to keep its 1967 territories, but even if we do nothing, those territories will prove Israel's nemesis which will eventually end it from within.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 18 February 2014 10:59:58 AM
David
This existance of anti zionist jews has you in a fever it seems. I advised you several posts ago to google it - jews not Zionists.

While I have your attention, can you perhaps explain to me this paradox. How is an intelligent person, educated, informed of history and mans historical struggle to overcome barbarism to reach this contemporary level of sophistication, technical know how etc; how can such a person regress into nationalism, make of his religion some crusade, distinguish him/her self by these anarchronistic, tribal, ancient blood rituals?

You see David, the difference between you and me. I am no man, or every man, I am brother to Jew, Muslim, Christian. Buddhist or atheist alike. I care not for their private relationships with their imaginary friends as I expect them not to care for mine.

You on the other hand live and reside in this country to consistently promote nationalistic, religious distinctions. Constantly harping on these distinctions here and abroad. This is your game, a cruel and despicable game - the results of which are always brutality, hatred and mendacity.

You motivations are best known to yourself and your maker. My purpose is simple, to protect the natural wisdom of the australian character from any further regression into this ancient blood lust.
Posted by YEBIGA, Tuesday, 18 February 2014 2:00:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy