The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Murdoch massages Abbott message > Comments

Murdoch massages Abbott message : Comments

By Alan Austin, published 31/1/2014

The Abbott government is experiencing more challenges in its early months than many supporters had hoped. Hence Rupert Murdoch has been obliged to expand efforts to conceal some difficulties.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Negative, negative, negative. Why can't you contribute something positive.
You are all boring negativity and predictable.

Here's another slogan.

Stop the boats. You could write a positive story about how Tony and his Minister have stopped the boats. Not one has arrived in Australia in 5 weeks.

Here's another, reduce the debt. Watch the next budget.

And another, get rid of the carbon tax. Watch after the change in the senate.

God you'll have heaps of positive stuff to write about then.

Why don't you write something positive about Craig Thompson, Shorten, the unions, or the National Broadband Network.

Or you could write about how Tony and his foreign minister have deftly handled the Indos. Now that they are now using their navy to help stop the boats.

Or better still how Tony is going to gut the ABC with an enquiry into their financial affairs. Looking to cut waste. Now that could be really positive.
Posted by imajulianutter, Friday, 31 January 2014 8:17:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh Craig Thompson. Did he finally give in and plead guilty. (why was he even allowed to make a plea).
And then did he claim he didnt commit fraud?
That would worth a giggle.
Posted by jodelie, Friday, 31 January 2014 8:51:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The very fact that Alan Austin thinks that society is made richer by printing money, burning down buildings, and destroying capital effectively disqualifies him from any opinion on economics.

"It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance."
Murrary Rothbard

You might think no-one could be so dumb as to believe such irrational superstitions but alas Keynesians do exist; and worse, they presume to talk down to others about economics. Bad, I know, but there you have it.
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Friday, 31 January 2014 9:00:28 AM
It is important for our democracy that the MSM is stopped from making Tony Abbott into a Saint or a Leader.

Tony is neither. What he is is a dull symbol of profound mediocrity who is posing as a Prime Minister. His appearance at Davos was hardly inspiring. Indeed, he made no impression there at all! None!

Thanks, Alan, for your article. The truth must be told if our democracy is to function!
Posted by David G, Friday, 31 January 2014 9:19:22 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It was not so long ago that the mad monk never did anything but emphasize the NEGATIVE or say NO to everything - he was thus quite rightly called mister NO.
But that was hey OK!

But when Alan writes a well argued essay supported by references from the international financial press, he is somehow beyond the pale.
It seems like a well argued essay to me and I agree with the comment posted by DavidG.
Anyone who pretends that hundreds of thousands, let alone a million jobs are going to be created here in Australia during the term of this government or even within the next decade is peddling lies.

One small item - even Australia's largest transport company Toll Transport announced that it is closing its Oz based logistics call centre and relocating it to the Philippines today.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Friday, 31 January 2014 10:16:00 AM
As usual Alan has posted a well research paper that is breaking through the Murdoch press's irrational love affair with the libs. I argued with my children, all greenies, that Abbot may be better in office than as opposition leader and campaign runner. I have since realised my mistake. All we have from the libs is the usual bigoted agenda. We now have attacks on the ABC for being unAustralian, anyone on welfare, refugees, unions, wages i.e. the usual liberal obsessions. Let us hope this will be a one term government.
Peter Sellick
Posted by Sells, Friday, 31 January 2014 11:05:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy