The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The rainbow, the cross and the crescent clash in the Australian Defence Force > Comments

The rainbow, the cross and the crescent clash in the Australian Defence Force : Comments

By Bernard Gaynor, published 31/1/2014

Is Bernard Gaynor being expelled from the Defence Force for thought crimes which the Defence Force's own laws allow?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
I sympathize Bernard. I've went through a similar type of thing in 69.

I had my Commanding Officer sacked, (Ministerial) his replacement sacked me.

I guess now if you want to join the Military you have to be a Transgender, Gay, Muslim.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 31 January 2014 9:51:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Reading your post I think they have done the right thing is saking you. I'd add they should have done it sooner if this is the type of analyst advice you used to provide.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Friday, 31 January 2014 11:18:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bernard, your article is an appalling inditement of political correctness gone mad. Continue to fight for your right to express what you believe in. The ADF has fought many battles for your right to do so. It is curious that those who denigrate you are those who whinge so stridently when they are questioned or challenged.
Posted by Prompete, Friday, 31 January 2014 12:21:50 PM
Hopefully, the Defence Forces & the Public Service will gradually increase their quota of heterosexual non ALP cronies, bringing back some normalcy & above all competence & integrity & accountability. We can now see how badly things work without these qualities.
Posted by individual, Friday, 31 January 2014 12:33:17 PM
I hope our logistical people have corrected the ratings for various items getting to the front line.

Weapons & ammunition should now be rated as B class items.

Powder puffs mirrors & hair brushes will be raised to A class items. Wouldn't want these poor girls & lady boys dying with a shiny nose, or a bad hair day, now would we?
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 31 January 2014 1:09:36 PM
Mr Gaynor,

You have made, and continue to make, public declarations against the ADF and its members. You are not being discharged because of your religious beliefs, if that was the case there would basically be no one left in the ADF - myself included. You are being discharged because you are publicly stating those opinions - against the ADF - while also making very clear that you are an Army officer.

You were not cleared of the charges; you simply were not subject to military jurisdiction due to your reserve service. Permanent members are subject 24/7, whereas reserve members are only subject to military justice while actively on duty. To make it simple - you got off through a loophole.

The policies are clear - no political activity while a member. You broke those policies and they have (in my opinion, quite rightly) decided you are not fit to be an officer.

You have every right to your opinion, as a civilian, and I wish you luck in those endeavours - just please don't continue to damage the ADF that I love by pretending to be a spokesperson for us.
Posted by Marie79, Friday, 31 January 2014 4:45:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy