The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why I won't be taking up the Man Prayer or supporting 1 Billion Rising this Valentine's Day > Comments

Why I won't be taking up the Man Prayer or supporting 1 Billion Rising this Valentine's Day : Comments

By Greg Andresen, published 15/2/2013

The Man Prayer takes the worst stereotypes of men and masculinity and reinforces them.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. All
Onthebiech and Men Are Nnot Abusers, an indication of the amount of violence in a society is often measured by the numbers of homicides recorded.
According to the Australian Institute of Criminology, you can see that males perpetrate the most murders in Australia, and that there are also more male murder victims as well (except for domestic violence related murders).

http://www.aic.gov.au/statistics/homicide/offenders.html

What I don't understand is why you guys get so uptight at the mention of these facts, and blame it all on feminists and governments?

These facts say that males are the most likely perpetrators and victims of violence, so why aren't you all trying to rectify the situation and reduce the violence, rather than blaming women?
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 16 February 2013 7:45:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suseonline,

From a quick check of your posting history that truly ignorant reply would be par for the course as far as your favourite subject of awful men is concerned. You broken record the same mantras and smart 'A' replies. That is despite the efforts of the dozens of respondents who have patiently explained before, providing facts and dispelling your arguments.

I doubt that you read and comprehended the article in its entirety, or the posts. If you had you might try at least to engage with the arguments and contribute. But you know what you know and no way that will change. I very much doubt that you discuss your attitudes with any men in your life. Or more likely you just don't listen or 'get it'. You are forever rooted in the old discredited radical feminism of decades ago. Your shield and excuse I suppose, but against what?
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 16 February 2013 9:33:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The pot calling the kettle black onthebeach?
Why must you be so personal in your attacks on someone who doesn't agree with you?

Did you not like the facts I presented?
Well, that's just too bad.
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 16 February 2013 9:41:01 PM
Yo, onthebeach,

Is your last post supposed to be an example of mature, inclusive, reflective and reasonable discussion?

Because if your recent rhetoric towards Suze is a representation of masculine civility and an illustration of measured discourse - you're failing miserably
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 16 February 2013 10:03:04 PM
Erin Pizzey interviewed by Dean Esmay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhqVQCyNEGg

Feminism and the Disposable Male
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA

Systemic Gendered Violence?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gekyg7yy4Dc
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 16 February 2013 10:15:28 PM
Here, once again we see the clash of beliefs against facts, the "information" peddled by second wave Feminists in the 1970's has been proven to be nonsense. If you watch the Erin Pizzey interview you'll learn that Susan Brownmiller has recanted her early views on sexual violence and apparently Betty Friedan changed her mind as well.
Facts don't matter to "believers", one poster said there's no point discussing violence with women because their minds are closed, they have closed minds because they have been brainwashed. Older posters probably don't understand what actually goes on in the education system, children have feminist theory, which is a set of BELIEFS not facts, drummed into them, they are literally indoctrinated. Public secondary education these days is basically just extended diversity training and women's studies which is overseen by Feminists in a Female dominated workplace.
Men are the primary defenders and protectors of women, children and the elderly, statistically women are far more abusive toward senior citizens and children and have an equal share of responsiblity for domestic violence. What's more studies have shown that domestic violence normally follows the woman, men who've been violent toward a woman don't often repeat offend with subsequent partners but abused women will very often go from one violent man to another. As demonstrated in my links false reporting isn't the big issue it's this "hard core" of battered/ battering women in the community which has a compounding effect in statistics collated over time and by individual incidents recorded.
Come on, do we really believe that 30% of women are "abused" by their partners? That's a third of the women you know, it's just a preposterous notion.
According to a broad range of studies it's more like 4% of Women and 4% of men who are subjected to actual intimate partner violence.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 17 February 2013 7:19:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14