The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why I won't be taking up the Man Prayer or supporting 1 Billion Rising this Valentine's Day > Comments

Why I won't be taking up the Man Prayer or supporting 1 Billion Rising this Valentine's Day : Comments

By Greg Andresen, published 15/2/2013

The Man Prayer takes the worst stereotypes of men and masculinity and reinforces them.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All
Suze:"Maybe I have spoken to, and patched up, so many more women hurt in domestic violence disputes than I have men, that I have more of an idea about these situations ..." Oh now I see where your authority on these matters comes from.

Yep, I've been to the hospital casualty waiting room on a few occasions and yes you've got me convinced. I've noticed all women slumped and lying across seats with black eyes and with broken noses and limbs...all dv victims...the triage nurse has a separate pile of admission forms with DV victim box already ticked. But hey Suze, they make the women exceedingly tough in the jurisdiction in which I live. It has a pop. of many 100's of 1,000's, and domestic homicides register on an annual basis, in the very low single digits, if at all, and the perp is almost just as likely to be a female.
Posted by Roscop, Wednesday, 27 February 2013 9:06:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think my views on the subject have already been spelt out fairly simply, even for you Onthebeach.
I don't want to play this game any more :)
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 27 February 2013 9:07:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy