The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Obama clarifies stance on West Bank and Gaza > Comments

Obama clarifies stance on West Bank and Gaza : Comments

By David Singer, published 4/5/2010

President Obama has signalled that he does not intend to impose his own two-state solution on Israel and the Palestinian Authority.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
This article sickened me. It is filled with pro-Israel, pro-American propaganda.

It attempts to put the blame for the sixty years of brutal Israeli occupation on the shoulders of the Palestinians. It tries to make out that Israel has made untold concessions to the Palestinians.

It tries to suggest that Israel wants to see a Palestinian State when Israel (aided by America) has spent decades ensuring it never happens via settlement building, sieges, checkpoints, genocide, home demolitions, bombings, etc.

Anyone who knows anything about the situation in the Middle East will see it for what it is.

David, good try but the world is waking up to Israel!
Posted by David G, Tuesday, 4 May 2010 11:00:15 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The usual lies and propaganda from singer.
As if Obama cant change his mind at some point in the future.
As if the POTUS is the only one who can influence the situation.

# Accepting the idea of a third State in Mandatory Palestine - in addition to Israel and Jordan
Since when? Why do they still call it Judea and Samaria? How do you explain the continuing expansion of settlements on Palestinian land?
The ongoing occupation and the seige of Gaza? Dosent seem like Israel is working too hard to promote this "idea of a Palestinian state" as you put it.
You still keep on with this insane idea that the Palestinians were all meant to be Jordanians. Says you. Pity the Pals dont see it your way isnt it Pete. It is just disrespectful, ignorant and offensive to keep saying it.

# Accepting the division of Jerusalem between Israel and an Arab entity
What do you mean "Arab entity". Why not say the Palestinian government? Thats because Israel has no intention of ever sharing Jerusalem with the Palestinians has it? Where have you been singer? Arabs are currently being evicted to make way for new Jewish settlement in Jerusalem. The Israeli PM is on record as sayin Jerusalem will never be shared with the Palestinians. It is Israels eternal Capital alone. It is Israeli government policy. Pity not one single other country recognises Jerusalem as Israels capital and never will unless it is shared!

continued
Posted by mikk, Tuesday, 4 May 2010 2:33:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
continued
# Accepting the idea of compensating Arab refugees from the 1948 War - and their descendants -and possibly resettling some of those refugees in Israel
What? You and your ilk have consistently denied for 60 years that there was any expulsion of Arabs from what became Israel. Didnt they leave voluntarily? Werent they told to leave by their leadership?

Suddenly you change it all and say you DID do something wrong that needs redressing. Can we take it from this that you are admitting to the atrocities that the Arabs charged the Jews with in 1948? After all if Israel did nothing wrong why would they be offering compensation? Not that they are of course this is another one of mr singers fantasies.

You also lie about the Arab League.
Since 2002 they have offered to recognise "Israel as the national homeland of the Jewish people". They even offer to sign a peace treaty with Israel. A PEACE TREATY! Not a cease fire or an armistice but a fully blown peace treaty! All they ask is a return of occupied lands and a withdrawal of Israel to 4 June 1967 lines, The sharing of Jerusalem, with East Jerusalem as the Palestinian Capital and attain a just solution to the problem of Palestinian refugees to be agreed upon in accordance with the UN General Assembly Resolution No 194.

Not a lot really for peace in the middle east. So tell me Singer why do you and the Israeli populace and government not just agree to it? What excuses have you got for rejecting such a deal for peace? Why do you tell such lies and distortions and what are you trying to achieve? To me it looks like you will do anything to avoid peace or compromise in the belief that one day you can ethnically cleanse the West bank and Gaza and have the whole of "Eretz Israel" as foretold in your fairy story books.
Posted by mikk, Tuesday, 4 May 2010 2:34:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
# David G

Hope you have got over your sickness.

In case you may not be aware the Jews accepted offers to create an Arab State and a Jewish State between the River Jordan and the Mediterranean Sea in 1937 and 1947 - which the Arabs refused. The Arabs could have had such a state between 1948-1967 but did nothing to create it. Israel again offered such a state in 2000 and 2008 but again those offers were rejected.

I hope these revelations don't cause you another sickness attack.

#To Mikk (post 1)

Obama can try to change his mind but to do so would expose him as a person not to be trusted. That is his choice. Nations acting on the faith of a written Presidential assurance are likely to act very negatively to such an act.

You ask - Why do "they" still call the West Bank "Judea and Samaria"? I guess it was because these biblical names were used for 3000 years until they were erased by some smart Arab propagandist in 1950 to erase any Jewish association or connection with that land.

This was much the same when the Romans changed the name of "Eretz Yisrael" to "Palestina" 2000 years ago.

Erase the Jews by erasing their place names. "They" are not going to allow this to happen by default.

There are many quotes I can give you by persons such as Yasser Arafat,Abu Iyad, King Hussein, Crown Prince Hassan and King Bourghuiba attesting to the fact that Palestinians and Jordanians are one people. Again semantics have been used to distort and mislead gullible people like you - I must admit with stunning success.

Have you ever wondered why East Jerusalem was not declared the capitol of the "Palestinians" or any "Arab entity" between 1948-1967 when all the Jews living there had been driven out? Why has it become such an issue of religious or nationalistic importance now after 19 years of missed opportunity to do just precisely that 50 years ago?

Dividing Jerusalem is on the agenda. Whether it happens is up to the parties.
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 5 May 2010 12:55:08 PM
#To Mikk (post 2)

Offering compensation is the decent thing to do - both for the Arab refugees and the Jewish refugees who fled Arab countries. Guilt or admission of liability has nothing to do with that proposal. Israel has been offering to do this for decades. Israel also has a Custodian for Absentee Properties listing a large number of properties whose ownership is unknown - and which can be claimed by their rightful owners.

The Arab refugees (other than perhaps a token number) will not be allowed entry to Israel. The Israeli Jews who fled Arab countries will not want to go back to those countries. Compensation is the best option available. An international Claims Commission should oversee and vet claims and be funded by the UN.

The 2002 Arab League Treaty has not offered to recognise "Israel as the national homeland of the Jewish people". Would that it did. In case I have overlooked the reference - please quote me what you are relying on.

Accusing me of wanting to "ethnically cleanse" the West Bank of its Arab population when I am advocating for them to become part of Jordan's population without one of them having to leave his home - indicates the paucity of your thinking and understanding and your inability to constructively seek an end to the conflict.

It might be more constructive if you spent your posting time proposing how the current status quo could be changed in order to transform the lives of the Arab populations of the West Bank and Gaza - rather than wasting your energy raking over the old coals and old solutions that have not - and will not - be accepted by the parties to the conflict.

If there is anything you feel I have not answered in your posts - please feel free to ask again. However try and be a bit more civilized in your totally unjustified comments about me personally.

They only demean you and your credibility.
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 5 May 2010 1:14:20 PM
David, I have had a lot of experience over the last decade dealing with Jewish propaganda. It doesn't work on me and I can't be bothered arguing with those who espouse it because it is an exercise in futility.

The creation of the state of Israel was a gigantic mistake. It, with America's help combined with its racist leadership, has become a rogue nation, one that will likely lead the world into a nuclear war in the not too distant future.

To see the world end because of the imperial ambitions of a tiny group of religious fanatics (1% of the world's population) is ridiculous.

Surely you would agree?
Posted by David G, Wednesday, 5 May 2010 1:49:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy