The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sacred masculinity > Comments

Sacred masculinity : Comments

By Warwick Marsh, published 1/4/2010

We must reject the demonisation of the masculine, or the feminine, and work towards the renewal of healthy manhood.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
Thank you Mr. Warwick Marsh,

Thank you for your gentle, touching article.

From now on, I will be a Christian.

I will confess having absconded from the Authorities some young men caught in the ballot of conscription to the Vietnam War. I will repent.

I also will forget my brother who refused to fight in WW2 and finished in a Camp, from which he was lucky to return, the full thirty-three kilogram’s of him, having escaped the death of the many, not equally lucky.

Yes sir, I will be a Christian. It is much safer than being a Christ.

Besides, there are other advantages and so many opportunities in being a good obedient member of a Church.
Posted by skeptic, Friday, 2 April 2010 9:04:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Perhaps not one of the best April fools jokes.

But considering some of the other commments more than a few have taken the bait.
Posted by JamesH, Friday, 2 April 2010 9:06:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
2nd April 2010

Thank you Mr. Warwick Marsh,

Thank you, for your gentle, touching article.

From now on I will be a Christian.

I will confess having absconded from the Authorities some young men caught in the ballot of conscription to the Vietnam War. I `repent.

I also will forget my brother who refused to fight in WW2 and finished in a Camp, from which he was lucky to return, the full thirty-three kilogram’s of him, having escaped the death of the many, not equally lucky.

Yes sir, I will be a Christian. It is much safer than being a Christ.

Besides, there are other advantages and so many opportunities in being a good obedient member of a Church.
Posted by skeptic, Friday, 2 April 2010 9:22:39 AM
Hi ya C J, high fives to that balloon of ego you've got going there.

Maybe tying a string to one of those cows you watch should keep you grounded while sporting that Che Guevara t-shirt.

Er, better watch the cows with all of that appeal you say you have going, no bull.

Have a good Easter but don't stone too many 'fundy' Christians to do it.
Posted by Cornflower, Friday, 2 April 2010 9:57:55 AM
Cheers, Corny. I'm just about to drive a couple of hours to pick up my youngest for the school hols - I'm wearing my Che t-shirt in honour of you and Warwick.

I suggest you tuck into lots of hot cross buns and chocolate over the weekend - in fact, anything sweet would probably help :)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 2 April 2010 10:19:59 AM
"As the nails were driven into his hands he cried out, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do”, the sacred masculine, in bodily form."

Yes, but it was all a magic trick, wasn't it, according to Christian belief? Three days later he was up and about, as right as rain. I don't call that very masculine and resolute, to fake one's death in the certain knowledge that Daddy will put it right. Sounds a bit sneaky and dependent to me.

If Christ KNEW he was God then dying was no big deal for him. (I'd go through the same things like billy-oh if it meant reigning eternally in Heaven.) And if he DIDN'T know he was God, then your whole doctrine goes to hell in a handcart. You really can't have it both ways. Which is it to be?
Posted by Jon J, Friday, 2 April 2010 6:01:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All