The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why is Trump Different?

Why is Trump Different?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All
BAYGON:

"the hostility that Trump is generating is unprecedented"

Maybe the hostility has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do the fact that those who believe in democracy have been caught out. They mistook privelege for democracy and they are very bitter and embarrassed that such is not the case.

It is not hostility towards Trump but an attempt to divest themselves of responsibility for a situation for which they are responsible. They have tried every trick in the book to shift the ultimate blame away from themselves.

The more evil you paint Trump the more you hope to avoid attention on yourself. The aggression and rage is not hostility towards Trump but towards themselves.
Posted by phanto, Friday, 27 January 2017 4:33:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No, Phanto.

I'm not American, I don't mistake privilege for democracy. I'm not trying to divest myself of responsibility or shift the blame. I'm not hostile towards myself.

But Trump scares me to hell, and I'm glad some people are standing up to him.

Still, I tend towards ridicule rather than violence as the best method to handle people who scare me. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELD2AwFN9Nc.
Posted by Cossomby, Friday, 27 January 2017 4:57:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The president is effectively a constitutional monarch not a prime minister in the House. Similar to George III bless his socks. Loopy George was a winner , he thought, like the elected candidate A Hitler who moved smoothly from democracy to sieg heil.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 27 January 2017 4:59:14 PM
Re link in last email:
Try Youtube: The Netherlands welcomes Trump in his own words.
Posted by Cossomby, Friday, 27 January 2017 5:00:42 PM
Trump is a Dutch mole. The Dutch navy almost beat the British and William of Orange in 1689 took over and Dutch owned west Australia after Dirk Hartog 1616. They backed the US revolution with a conspiracy for Washington-Amsterdam axis built on Pilbara iron-ore.
New York is New Amsterdam.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 27 January 2017 6:00:37 PM
Cossomby:

I directed my post to BAYGON who spoke of hostility towards Trump. My comments are in relation to those who are hostile towards Trump. I did not detect hostility in your comments so it does not apply to you.

You say though that he scares you and you think the best way to deal with that is to resort to ridicule. This is not a very mature way to respond to the feeling of fear. If he really scares you then the best thing is to try and get him out of office. There is not point in talking about him - you have to lend all your power to action that would bring about his impeachment. You cannot impeach someone on the grounds that they scare you so you will have to focus on what he does which could have him impeached. Any speculation is just a sheer waste of energy. It is this futile attempt to try and turn fantasy into reality that characterises so much opposition to him so far.

Action is what is required to calm your fears and if you are not prepared to act then you are not really that scared and we should dismiss such claims as emotional manipulations.
Posted by phanto, Friday, 27 January 2017 6:12:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All