The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pauline Hanson wins an upper house seat?

Pauline Hanson wins an upper house seat?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. All
It is starting to look as though there is fall out at state level from the federal debacle. Pauline Hanson the reactionary lightning rod for anti immigrant feelings has benefited from the Labor immigration disaster and has pipped the greens for the last seat.

While this may yet change, this clearly puts paid to the distance that Julia Gillard is trying to put between herself and the NSW Labor thrashing.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 28 March 2011 3:55:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Are you sure she has won?
Last time I looked it was not the case.
No surprise ,remember she was a Liberal candidate first up.
And that the Liberals are getting advice and e mails from them still.
Lets wait and see but Labor has far less to do with the lady than her conservative supporters.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 28 March 2011 6:09:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

Since the liberals tried to jail her, I doubt there is the co operation you claim.

By making such a stuff up of the immigration issue, Labor might as well of rolled out the red carpet for her.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 28 March 2011 6:34:32 PM
No heat no deliberate rudeness.
In fact Shadow Minister every word I am about to say is true.
I AM AN IDIOT!
True I really go of half cocked some times.
Driven by passion and a love of truth, I get lost every now and again.
WHY did I ever let you get to me?
I truly do not know.
I do not dislike you,honest.
I have some close Friends who are conservatives.
But so very lost,so very of the page are your posts here I fail to understand, ME.
Tell you why, Hanson won Liberal and Labor voters, her stand was against Asian migrants.
Howard is on record for his thoughts on that matter.
Abbott in another roll had her imprisoned ,but your team stole her policy's AND GET ADVICE FROM THEM.
Hanson is not over the line,Labor will be no more unhappy who wins we want only to win that seat but it is unlikely.
You are welcome to her and the greens.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 29 March 2011 5:33:49 AM
to think she is taking it away from the extremist Greens is very pleasing.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 29 March 2011 7:38:11 AM
Apart from the fact that I begrudge her the money (but that is true to a greater or lesser extent for the whole lot of them) I think that having Pauline Hanson visible, rather than just a virtual presence, could be a good thing.

It allows all those who share her views on immigration, Asians buying houses, "protecting" Australian jobs, longer prison sentences etc. etc. will be able to focus their attention on her. Having her policies open to formal debate in the House, as opposed to simply being disseminated through the press, is not the worst possible outcome.

And do we believe in the democratic process, or don't we?
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 29 March 2011 8:01:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy