The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pauline Hanson wins an upper house seat?

Pauline Hanson wins an upper house seat?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All
Lexi,

I chose the pseudonym "shadow minister" prior to the 2007 elections. As a shadow minister has no real responsibility, but has the function of reviewing the work of the minister, and exposing inefficiency and bad policy.

The reason I shared my qualifications, is to show what I really do, and how not political my job is. I am more in project management presently.

As for your "first hand information" I believe that you believe it, but this "explosive" information about which your contact seems willing to talk to blab about seems to have completely escaped everyone else. I am sorry, but I take it with a pinch of salt.

As far as a majority, have you seen the polls recently? The only reason Juliar survived to cobble together a minority government was because she called an early election. She would not survive today.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 5:22:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
IQ is not based on education or snide remarks.
It was you who put your own foot in your mouth in the post above my last one.
Ever ready to taunt you went of early.
And being able to hand it out failed the test of taking it.
You got it wrong.
Said clearly my reputation was on the line.
But mate it is funny gut bustingly, that you respond to being wrong by lashing out again.
Hope you are not a Leighton's project manager, they are not doing all that well.
Bit like living in a ejection seat project managers few see out that job for long.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 5:35:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Shadow Minister,

You have a somewhat different understanding of the role of a Shadow Minister to me. I was under the assumption that a Shadow Minister was the Opposition's spokesperson for a particular portfolio or policy area. That they concentrated on the work of a particular department (such as Defence) and that they also explained to the Parliament what the Opposition would do about specific problems if the Opposition were the Government. And if there was a change in Government that Shadow Ministers would expect to become Ministers. I did not know that their role was to continually make attacks on the Government and constantly condemn everything that the Government did. From memory -
I seem to recall that certain Shadow Ministers even supported the Government's policy on the ETS and many still do.

I'm glad to hear that you're into project managment. In that case you'll understand when I tell you that my earlier information came from a direct source and I don't have to take it "with a pinch of salt " as you suggest. However, that's all par for the course today.

As for the PM not winning an election today. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I hate to burst your bubble but if the Liberal Party keeps Tony Abbott as their leader in the next election -they've got buckleys chance of winning. And "near enough" is not good enough - as the Party should have learned from the last election.

BTW: Who did win instead of Pauline Hanson. I bet it wasn't the Libs?
Probably the Greens - right? That should tell you something!
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 6:57:52 PM
Lexi WE both know better I can only speak for myself, but I have left because of this poster.
While I am unsure if another poster is C J Morgan he too in my view was affected by the lack of balance found in this poster.
Both sides of politics are poorly served by such followers.
Our country is too.
I am not fixed in most views,while I live I learn, stole that half a century ago we are unique from that tree.
But this morning opens a wound,a poster once called me and my party pedophiles.
I Complained,a bloke I like, our site owner said he had thought long and hard, given my party's record? then deleted it as it referred to me.
Shadow Minister entrenches in me, We Must be on our guard forever!
Truth our country's best interests carry no weight for some.
An ego out of control is pure danger,each of us has to carry a big bag to put our mistakes in,to admit and know we are not fool proof.
I still chuckle it was not me gloating but SM taunting me above that bought about his total defeat.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 6:45:17 AM
Belly,

My goading of you was based on your predilection for stupid predictions based on what you want to happen, not on the data on the ground. I deliberately do not make predictions unless I am reasonably certain.

That PH lost by a handful of votes is more luck than anything and no testament to your deductive abilities. A few previous certain predictions of yours:

1 - Rudd will win the election with an increased majority and be loved.

2- Julia Gillard will win the election with an increase majority and be loved.

How did those work out?

The point of the thread is that the extremist PH who not even a resident of NSW came within a whisker of winning a seat, getting 2% of the vote (which is where the greens were a decade ago).

This was purely a protest vote against the bungling of the immigration policy.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 7:49:08 AM
Good to see the election of Jeremy Buckingham to the LC. Jeremy will be a great asset to the NSW Parliament. Nearly as good was the demise of that redneck Pauline Hanson, her 6th defeat in a row, does that not tell her something, maybe she's to thick to get the message.
I suggest Ms Hanson forms herself a political party, not here in Australia, but in the good olde U.S of A, where she can run for the Alabama State Legislature, there might be enough rednecks there to vote her in.
p/s Going to celebratory drinks for The Greens next Tuesday night, despite the conservative landslide we can celebrate with 1 in the LA and and extra 1 in the LC.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 10:54:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy