The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pauline Hanson wins an upper house seat?

Pauline Hanson wins an upper house seat?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All
Dear Belly,

Thanks for your advice. There's a tendency on many people's parts to think that their way is the right way - and this can get very emotional - especially when dealing with topics like - politics, sport, or religion. I'd personally like to renew dignified and respectful dialogue with SM - but I won't be able to - if he won't even concede some of the good policies that the Government is trying to bring in. Neither side of politics is perfect and surely it wouldn't hurt to admit that on occasion? Anyway, see you on another thread.
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 11:25:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lexi,

Labor had a few good ideas. Such as paid maternity leave, and increasing super slowly to 15%. The first was implemented and as a base did well.

The concept of the pink batts and BER was good, except the implementation was shocking.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 1:31:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have a couple of things to contribute then will bail out too.
Shadow Minister I have no regard for your opinion on any subject, sorry honesty has far too much value to be put a side.
I based my view not on a lucky guess, not on hope,or dread.
I based it on the view of this country's best advice on politics Antony Greens Blog.
You late in the play said you had 60% surety you got it right.
Even took time out to taunt me.
It shines like a beacon at sea, you lack the ability to except you got it wrong.
A personality fault in my view, we can not grow if we never learn we learn by seeing our wrongs/mistakes.
Last GREENS mate enjoy your night ,but refrain from being too happy.
Your team in NSW are not going to have an impact.
Your new senator in July is today unmasked as a lier as well as a fool.
CONSERVATION desperately needs a hero a place people can be seen to care more for the environment than what Israel is doing.
Greens defame conservation and in my view con most who follow them and would not understand who they vote for.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 3:09:24 PM
Belly, I got what wrong?

"Belly, as for that bet, I did say that it was looking like PH would win the seat, but as the preference votes are a wild card, the greens will get Labor preferences, but PH is renowned for picking up preferences. I would say she has about a 60% chance. Good, but not good enough to put my reputation on the line."

Perhaps you could show me where I said she would win. You cannot accept that you were the only one to make a commitment.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 4:40:59 PM
Last post in this thread Shadow Minister you have no trouble in putting tickets and descriptions on me.
So may I say it is in my view very far from unlikely I am the first person ever to highlight what seems a personality problem.
Your self opinions are more than unlikely to be shared by many who know you.
regards
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 6:13:08 PM
I'm sorry about your personality problem. I hope you get better.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 6:34:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy